4 oz or 8 oz Lotion

Crafty1

Lotion size  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Lotion size

• 4 oz
    • 8 oz

i am having a tough time trying to decide which to offer. i now carry my basic lotions in 4 oz containers in the purple boston round. i am changing my packaging for these and have found some cool bottles, but the bottle is an 8 oz. so my question is, when you buy lotion, do you prefer 4 or 8 oz

i am having a tough time trying to decide which to offer. i now carry my basic lotions in 4 oz containers in the purple boston round. i am changing my packaging for these and have found some cool bottles, but the bottle is an 8 oz. so my question is, when you buy lotion, do you prefer 4 or 8 oz

Where did you find purple boston rounds? Can you tell? Thanks!

You all are making me re think my 8oz decision...:undecided I am using 6oz bullets right now..but they been discontinued..so I was switching to 8oz..but for pricing reasons I think maybe 4oz would be better..that is what I carried when I used the aluminum bottles anyway..now they are just clear.

Crafty1, I went through the same dilemma earlier this year, going round and round for ages trying to decide if I should offer 4 oz or 8 oz sized lotion. In the end I just took the average and went with 6 oz, LOL. If I am buying, I might possibly choose the 8 oz so it'll last longer and I don't have to re-order as often. But then I do use quite a lot of lotion due to living in a desert climate, so for the more average person, I'll bet 4 oz would be more popular.

I did a survey this summer so I could find out what people want (I will be selling come October when my insurance is due) and most people said 8 oz because they get more for the money. I had a 4 oz from a friend last year when my son was born and it took me quite a while to use it. I have dry skin that is really bad in the winter, so I use more then. I think I will start out with the 8 oz and if it doesn't seem to be going, I will use the 4 or 6 oz. Also, I would use a pump with the bigger bottles and a squeeze cap for purse size or smaller.

It really is hard to know what customers will want, guess that is part of the fun of this business!

Steph

I sell 2 oz and 8 oz and sell pretty much an equal amount of both. Lots of people buy a bunch of 2 ozers for xmas presents with a bar of soap or something else smaller and then many come back and buy the 8 oz. People that are repeat regulars buy 8 ozers all year. I actually had so many requests for a larger size that I am now carrying 15.5 oz lotion too! I ordered 2 dozen bottles a couple months ago to try it out and are down to just a few bottles. So its selling pretty well in my opinion. Heck it saves me time and money when people buy 1 of the HUGE lotions vs 2 of the 8 ozers. My 8 & 15.5 ozers I use pumps, 2 oz disc caps. For me personally, if I like the lotion I'll buy an 8 oz, to try I'd only go 2 oz. Now and then I get a request for a 4 oz and will accommodate depending on my mood :laugh2: LOLOLOL

Man, if I knew THEN what I know NOW - I would have totally ditched the 8oz because the 4oz does so much better.

Are you referring to your cream? I didn't see a lotion listed on your website. I think for a cream, a 4 oz would be preferable, because you only use a bit at a time. Whereas if it's a light lotion where you slather on more, an 8 oz might not be too big as you'll be going through it faster.