Cleaning up

I had always heard about using a heat gun for candlemaking and after spending so much money in the beginning of this venture, I didn't want to break down and buy one, so I tried a hairdryer. Works great! And I still haven't bought a heat gun yet.

Don't be too disappointed if Walmart doesn't have it, tho. I was doing a layaway for candle items.....a new scale, FIRE EXTINGUISHER :shocked2: , foil, gloves, etc. - our Walmart does not carry the heat guns! BUT, it is not a super Walmart, so that may have been the reason.

I was going to price them at our local True Value or Lowes....

I had always heard about using a heat gun for candlemaking and after spending so much money in the beginning of this venture, I didn't want to break down and buy one, so I tried a hairdryer. Works great! And I still haven't bought a heat gun yet.

You may give in and buy a heat gun soon. :cheesy2: A hair dryer doesn't quite do the job well enough -- it blows out too much air. I use an embossing gun though which I was able to get at 40% off with a coupon from JoAnn's.

Heat gun! Can't live without it! I use it everytime I make candles. It sure helps a lot with cleanup to melt off wax from pouring pots, molds, cookie sheets, the list goes on and on.

I also use a ton of paper towels. I also like to use those handy disenfectant wipes that clorox and lysol makes. I clean off my pots and molds and stirrers and thermometer-- everything that touches wax, especially scented wax-- the wipes get the FO off my equipment so I never worry about scents and dyes mixing from pour to pour.

I use wax paper to line my counters with when I work and that works great. Just throw it away when I'm done. I also use thick paper towels to clean my Presto Pots with. I'm not sure what they're called ~ they're blue like the type mechanics use. Very thick and durable.

I use wax paper to line my counters with when I work and that works great. Just throw it away when I'm done. I also use thick paper towels to clean my Presto Pots with. I'm not sure what they're called ~ they're blue like the type mechanics use. Very thick and durable.

I know what you are talking about! We have a roll of those in the van lol.