Listing Ingredients Poll

CountryGal

Do you list all your ingredients on your site?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you list all your ingredients on your site?

• Yes
    • No

In putting together a website, do you list all the ingredients in your B&B products on the site or not and why?? Obviously, they have to be included in the packaging, but in purusing websites, I see some do and some don't. Just wanting to get some opinions. Thank you!

I don't list ingredients as it is alot to put on the descript but on the plus side it would help for those people who MIGHT be allergic to some things.I use bases for my B&B.

I only say dye free lotion and spray but scented with a skin safe fragrance.

MIGHT think about it.Most sites I have been on do not list ingredients.Suppliers mostly from what I see.

LynnS

I list them, since I want the customers who need the info to have it available.

I've mod'd my osCommerce site to do it the way I want - when you see the product in a list, you don't see the ingredients, just the description. You have to go to the product's individual page to see the ingredients (and I've got text on the top of the list page that tells you that's where the ingredients are). Example: http://watersgulch.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_48

I agree it can be a lot of text, but I like to have it available.

I list my ingredients on my website for those who might have allergies. I'm allergic to corn and I can't use/eat anything with corn in it. It's surprising how many personal use items have corn in them. I personally would never buy from a site that didn't list it's ingredients because I wouldn't want to pay to send it back or not be able to use it.

I list all of my ingredients and don't care if someone tries to copy me. Honestly, it took me like a year to come up with those formulas, so knock yourself out copycatters LOL

With just and ingredient list I don't think anyone can coy you 100% thay may come close but not the same as yours.

I list them, since I want the customers who need the info to have it available.

I've mod'd my osCommerce site to do it the way I want - when you see the product in a list, you don't see the ingredients, just the description. You have to go to the product's individual page to see the ingredients (and I've got text on the top of the list page that tells you that's where the ingredients are). Example: http://watersgulch.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_48

I agree it can be a lot of text, but I like to have it available.

My site is powered by osCommerce and I do it the exact same way. I guess brilliant minds thing alike :), right Robin?

If I'm really motivated I may send an e-mail to ask, but those are often not answered which really gets my goat.
Oh yes, I used to email to the big companies asking about their ingredients. Either I would not hear anything back or occasionally I'd get a canned response which didn't answer my question.