Peaks Amish Harvest

Connie

Just wondering if anyone else has a problem with this mixing in wax. Even at 1/2oz pp it still will not mix totally. I have heated wax to 200 and still leaves brown oil in bottom of pouring pot. I even tried heating oil first, still unacceptable results!! I am using 4627 now but even in J223 it would'nt mix wither. Guess I have to give up on this and just do grubbies with it. It does mix in piller wax better. I just don't get it.

Are all Amish Harvest like this or only Peaks. I really need to find another supplier for this scent.

I havent had a problem with it not mixing, I was using it in ecosoya cp and pb. Ive switched to 464 but havent poured it i it yet. I also like alabasters amish harvest it smells great but has a more buttery scent along with it.

This is my 3rd 16oz. bottle because I do use it in grubbies. I know my temp is correct too as I use 2 thermomaters. May have to try adding some soy to this one by the sounds of things. I really like this scent as it is a really nice one for fall but sometimes just does'nt seem to be worth all the hassle. Maybe I will try another supplier for my jars and see if that helps. Thanks everyone. I thought I had tried all the little tips that sometimes help.

This is a really heavy oil, and I too have had some difficulties. What solved it for me was heating my wax to 175, adding the Amish Harvest fo, and then heating it to about 185-190. I would stir and stir and stir, until you back down to your pouring temp.

I am so glad to read this thread. I just got some Peaks' AH from the classies here and love it oob. Was wondering what the fave application is for it.

I have cb135, j223, and 6006. Does anyone have a wick suggestion for this scent in these waxes in a 16 oz apoth jar?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I just poured this for the first time (4630) and didn't notice that it was harder to incorporate.

Now sugar cookie is another story-I can't get that one to mix in no matter what I do!!

Maybe try TCS's amish harvest, it smells almost identical to Peaks.

I just poured this for the first time (4630) and didn't notice that it was harder to incorporate.

If you can get a good flame and melt with this combo, please kindly post the type of wick you use. I have not been able to find a wick to work with this scent. Thanks!