best selling jar

LynnS

I think this has been asked before?I have 4 different sizes when I do craft shows.Just 8 ounce JJ sold. A few of the 16 ounce mason jar. I like a variety don't want it to plain and boring but seems like it isn't working.

Same with my site.I have only had it for a month but no sales.I am OK with that and and may never get a sale BUT those who do shows and maybe a web site do you think staying with only 2 sizes is the best way.I thought choice and variety of different sizes and style MIGHT work but doesn't seem to. I see sites with only one thing on and just one jar size.Not much choice there and no choice for other things either.

Can anyone give me a idea what is popular with them and maybe just do the jj and not others.

Thank You

LynnS

I think cost wise it is the best seller.Probably wasting my time but just tired of the same ones.Since that is the seller no choice.If you do the bigger jars you just about have to give them away.I did sell some cheaper that were left over and they sold fast.

Going to do the square mason too this year.Also the regular mason.OF course the one they want will be the scent and not the style.That is another thing.It is the scent they are looking for and sometimes walk by and if you say I don't have it they walk on by.Never see if you have another they might like.IMO I think they were not interested anyway.

LynnS

People in my area tend to buy smaller jars. If I were you, I would definitely carry the 8 oz jj and the 8 oz square mason. The square masons are really cute and look more interesting than a regular jj. They are also not too expensive. If people are buying your JJ, they will likely try the square masons too. If you drop down to carrying fewer jar types, you could probably spend more money and time on carrying more fragrances.

Same with my site.I have only had it for a month but no sales.I am OK with that and and may never get a sale BUT those who do shows and maybe a web site do you think staying with only 2 sizes is the best way.

You may not have sales on your site for a while, depending on where you are in the search engines (or if people even know you have one). How are you ranking for your keywords? How are you advertising your site?

As far as what sort of stock to carry; what is your market? Unless you know who you're marketing to, you won't know how to stock what they want.

I've never seen the 8 oz. square masons in a grocery store or variety store.

The 8 oz square masons are my best selling jar by FAR -- hands down my top seller. Although I occasionally pour pint jars, apothecary jars and Victorian soft square jars, 8 oz. square masons blow all the rest out of the water by far.

HTH

These are all great replies.I want to do a different 8 ounce like I mentioned so will order some of the square mason.Kinda like those but the others I can get close to me or at a few stores.Just need a different look and if the 8 ounces sell they can have a choice which one.

I would just be so happy if customers would just look at the others but don't.I love my classic jar.It is pretty and burns so good.No buyers or lookers.

Still like we all know it can be area and the market.

This craft season will be the 8 ounce square mason, 8 ounce JJ, some 9 ounce classic jars and my 16 ounce country jar. Might do some baskets for gift giving.

LynnS

Our best selling jar candle at craft shows is the 8 ounce JJ. Our best selling jar with our wholesale accounts is our 5 ounce and then the 16 ounce. This is a little off topic but votives sell extremely well at shows when you do a $$ each or $$ for 6 something like that. They actually sell better for me than the jars do at shows.