self extinguishing candle/wick

hi lisa this sounds like a good idea,why don't you just make and sell the candles with the spacial wick already in it.you might become a milloner buy selling the wick already in the candle,instead of just selling the wick itself.but it would be interesting to test this wick for another year to try to make it work on the waxes and jars i use,lol :yay::yay: good luck on your new invention hope it works out good for you.

This is just MY opinion & what do I know. But I really don't like anything that a person will just rely on to extinguish there wicks for them. What IF they leave the house & think oh well it will go out on it's own in 1 hour, but the curtains catch the flame before that hour is up. When it comes to a flame I'm not a really big fan of anything that will let the consumer think it's safe enough to not have to keep an eye on it. Let's face it candles get knocked over all the time if I'm going to light a candle it's my responsibility to make sure it's in a safe place & to not forget about it. Otherwise if I can't I need to use something else as a air freshener.

No offense Lisa but that's JMHO on anything that gives people a false sense of security.

Karen B

After seeing the PDF I would not use it or burn a candle with it. That would just be to much maintance.

Now if the idea was inside the wick and when it burned to that point and went out and all you had to do was trim the wick to burn the candle again, I might go for that.

Hello. We will be selling the candles pre-made with the wicks already in them. Actually right now that is all I use. I make them for my friends. We love them. I understand the safety thing and the responsiblity of the user. May I suggest you take some time and look how many deaths and house fire not to mention the billion dollars in damages was caused in the last 5 years from leaving candles unattended. My best friend lost her home and everything in as well. So no, this is not a sure fire way to prevent a fire. It is just a little help offered. I am not trying to sell anyone on this. We make them, use them and love them. I just wanted to see what others thought. Thats all. Thanks.

I just wanted to see what others thought. Thats all. Thanks.

I guess you got your answer then.

Like its been said you are given customers a false sense of security with something like what you have. Now they will be even less careful. Your candle still has a flame, your jar will get just as hot with a 3 or 4 hour burn as ours will. You still have to rely on the customer to use your product properly, am i right? It don't look cheap to make them and it looks very time consuming to me... bending and stacking wicks. There has to be a better way to make a wick like what you are wanting. Bruce

Bruce. Let me just say if everyone has as small and narrow mind like some of you there would only be one type of candle. I have received more positive responses than negative ones send directly to me. You just worry about your business and I will worry about mine. We will see what the customer and consumer perfers. Have a good one

Bruce. Let me just say if everyone has as small and narrow mind like some of you there would only be one type of candle. I have received more positive responses than negative ones send directly to me. You just worry about your business and I will worry about mine. We will see what the customer and consumer perfers. Have a good one

Well we all see you don't take constructive criticism very well!! YOU came to this site looking for comments and you got them, good, bad and indifferent..........sooooooooo don't let the door hit you in your ego inflated behind on the way out. :P

Taking Comments In One Thing And Being Hateful Is Anoter. Thank Goodness That The Handful That Are Hateful And Very Well Known. There Are Good And Nice Firendly People On The Site You Just Happen Not To Be One Of Them. Bye The Way Do Own The Site. I Am So Glad To Have Entertained You. Like To See Your Business. Why Don't You Share That With Us. Done Fighting With Narrow Minded People. If You Don't Like It Fine You Longer Need To Respond.

No you don't understand, I think the "concept" is great, Its that your design is too complicated for most candle makers and maybe even a large amount of the consumers to want to mess with. It took quite a bit of looking to get to see the drawings and if all the candle makers here would take the time to look at the drawings, they would see how much time and money it would add to making the candles. I make 8 ounce jar candles, I make right at 24,000 jars per year right now, I don't have a web site because I don't want to mess with one, I'm busy enough as it is. You never answered any of my questions. How much would this add to the cost of making a candle? Did you make candles for a living before this invention or even now? You been waiting for 2 years for the patent, you have to have an idea about how much these things will cost you and if your thinking about retail what kind of price you would sell them at. That's the kind of information you need when you toss this idea to a bunch of candle makers. Don't just dangle the goods in front of us without all the info. I guess if I waited 2 years for something and then found out some people didn't think it would be cost efficient or useful I would be pissed too. That's not narrow minded that business. Bruce

Taking Comments In One Thing And Being Hateful Is Anoter. Thank Goodness That The Handful That Are Hateful And Very Well Known. There Are Good And Nice Firendly People On The Site You Just Happen Not To Be One Of Them. Bye The Way Do Own The Site. I Am So Glad To Have Entertained You. Like To See Your Business. Why Don't You Share That With Us. Done Fighting With Narrow Minded People. If You Don't Like It Fine You Longer Need To Respond.

That's the hardest to read paragraph I have ever seen. The composition of it tells me I would never want anything to do with your products. Never seen anyone capitalize every first letter in a word either.

If Your From Another Country I Do Apologize To You For My Criticism Of Your Improper Use Of English.

Bruce

Dearest Bruce. If you really made that many candle I don't feel you would all this free time to sit on the net. For your information, the pieces in the pictures have been made simplier to allow any user to make them. That is what I have doing for the last 2 years. I have also been making candles and testing them with every new batch of appliances. May I suggest that in the future before you snap you try the idea before you dog it. I was offering for anyone to try the wick for free first. After that your comments would have been appreciated. This hate is unreal and very unexpected. Yes, to answer your question the cost projection has played a role in trying to keep cost down. We our little company estimated that a regular wick that now goes into candles cost less than a penny. The cost of these wicks would cost .08 cents. How we determine the rate increase is that you allow the candle to each the cost. Hate it! You do not have to use it. But before you put a new product out there Bruce, it takes about 1 year to do projected cost and profit margins. Determining the demand for items. Talking to consumers and doing surveys. That's what I have been doing for the last two years. If the feed back that we recieved was not positve, we would have stopped long ago. Next time, instead of being so nasty, trying being a little supportive. That is how I would have been with you. Yes, we make candles. Maybe you can purchase one when you see them on the store shelves.

I am having a hard time with the safety issue here. I too would never want to sell anything to a customer that would give them a false sense of security. Pardon me but you are playing with fire.

I do hope you are successful Lisa. I really do. But I have to be thoroughly convinced-- and I do mean thoroughly before I would even consider such a wick system.

can't we all get along in here......lol:p :P :rolleyes2

Hey, I gave her my opinion which she stated she wanted, and she calls me small and narrow mind for stating my opinion??? I get along well with everyone... as long as they agree with me. :highfive: lol Too many artistic type personalities here for us to all agree, but when someone asks for an opinion then wants to trash you for giving it, screw that. I dont think my first post was wrong in any way, she just didnt like what I had to say about her al mighty new product, thats it plain and simple. Bruce

Dearest Bruce. If you really made that many candle I don't feel you would all this free time to sit on the net.

Lo, I don't think you have any idea how many candles Bruce has made. It's definitely not a small number, lol. :laugh2:

And when you come to a forum asking for opinions, you shouldn't be upset by the responses that you receive - even if you don't like what you hear. It's rather juvenile.