Should a supplier abide by your instructions in the "comments" section of your order?

Here's the situation...A supplier was having a sale on FO's & the rules of the sale were pretty vague. It pretty much just said "$0.99/1 oz. bottles" & did not specify which FO's were included in the sale & which were not. I ordered 50 bottles & in my comments section I put "If any of these bottles are not included in the $0.99 sale please do not include them in my order. Thank you". I added that just in case the specialty FOs were not included since they didn't specify. I've done this with most all of my other suppliers & never had a problem. So I get my invoice today & they filled all of the order, marked some of the FO's down to the sale price but left other bottles at full price. My order ended up being almost twice the expected price since they did this. It has already shipped & my CC has been charged.

Do I have a right to complain that they didn't abide by my instructions or was I out of line to expect them to cancel products I ordered? Is my comment even acceptable or are they allowed to fill an order regardless of your request? I want to call them to inquire about this but I thought I'd check here first so I don't come off sounding like an idiot if I was out of line asking them to do this. I worked for a wholesaler for a few years & if a customer asked us something like this then we did it & it was not a problem.

Thanks in advance.

If there is a comment section then they should read it. Most suppliers read what I have asked but one company is really bad and ignores it completely. I plan on testing other suppliers as I order from them to completely drop this place. I would call right away and tell them about the problem. Tell them you did not want the scents if they were not on sale. They might say to refuse the box and it will be sent back. Maybe they will resend without an extra cost to you. JMHO.

I think it was their responsibility. JMO. They should have read the special instructions. But if they were so vague in the explanaition, I personally would have called since they obviously do not pay attention to detail.

YES!!!

I make sure I read the comments section when I receive orders from my customers!! That should be done automatically on their part!!!

If they were to rushed or to busy to read it, well then it was there error!!

If they had any questions, they could have called or emailed you!!

I would hope that they would credit you for the over- charged amount..

I would call the owner and let them know!! That's not right...

Personally, if I'm not sure what's on sale and what's not, I call the supplier before placing an order. I do believe that the supplier should read the comments section, but I think it's ultimately up to the customer to determine what to purchase. I wouldn't expect a supplier to change my order if certain things were not on sale. A quick phone call before ordering would have cleared everything up.

I hope they take care of this for you. I have done that before, and as of yet, have had no problems.

I agree that calling the order in would be your best bet, but due to my schedule, it is very difficult to find time to sit down and give all that information over the phone. It would be preferable to be able to talk to someone and confirm everything, tho, if possible.

I agree with the other posters that they *should* check their comment box. Why else would you have one if you didn't read it?

As a person that usually does all her business online "after hours" (between 10pm - Midnight), it's not always possible for me to call. I think if you are going to be online, you need to read your orders carefully and confirm with the purchaser via email on their order so there are no mistakes. That few minutes it takes (that's why they have cut -n- paste;) ) can save both of you time & money in the long run (even if you have hired help!). If they don't immediately specify which scents are on sale, then I would think ALL the scents were on sale and would fight for that pricing. When I put something on sale, I make sure that there are no questions as to what is included! It's just good business practices and good customer service!

JMO though....

Life & Light!

Tish

Hi M,

Sorry for the confusion & mix up! I had seen this post but I knew that Sue from our office had already caught her own mistake and had emailed you to let you know she had fixed it. But since you said your total still didn't sound right, I printed out the 3 pages of your invoice and saw where the problem is. She didn't adjust the AromaMagic samples to the sale price... I guess she was confused and didn't think those were included in the sale (not sure cause she's not here to ask right now since it's after biz hours). She must have overlooked the comments section by accident when she first entered the order. I know the office was swamped that day because of the sale, and I do apologize for the oversight. They normally do try their best to notice any comments or special instructions and highlight them on the orders. I will email your correct total to you and to our order office so they can fix it. Sorry again for the error and thanks for your understanding :)

Thanks Doneen. I appreciate the help. I didn't post your company's name because I know you're very reputable & I didn't want you to get a bad rap since I was hoping it was just an oversight. I get my order tomorrow so I'm :yay:!

Thanks again.

Thanks, I appreciate you being so considerate. I think people knew who it was anyway since we had just made a similar mistake on another order that was posted about here... not our lucky week I guess:embarasse! I don't mind owning up to our mistakes though, they happen sometimes. I just felt bad that we goofed on your first order with us! What a way to make a first impression, lol. I'm just relieved that you were so understanding with us. Thanks again :)