WSP's expensive shipping

bugtussle

I have a website and my customers expect me have the correct USPS rates & #'s per piece. I try very hard to keep it updated accurately. I want to keep my customers!

I just calculated shipping for different No of gallons of Head to Toe Lotion from WSP. 1 gal/12.84, 2 gal/16.84, 3 gal/30.97, 4 gal/26.43, 8 gal/52.86, 12 gal/79.29. I'm sorry, but this is crazy. There is very little savings (if any) buying in bulk. Where did the 30.97 for 3 gal come from. I agree that the 26.43 for 4 gal looks a little better, but shipping 4 gal from BCN is only 18.46. BCN is a good deal further from me than WSP. This is shipping to zip 76691 in Texas. It appears to me that someone has doctored the rates!!!!!!!:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Tabatha, I don't think I live very far from you. Maybe I should make a road trip so we can go to those suppliers that you live near!

You are not very far from me at all. I have been up to Erie PA many times. It is not a bad drive at all. Just let me know when and I will take the day off work and we can hit OBN, NG, WSP and I want to check out Bolek's that MichelleOH is always talking about. There are a few more in Ohio but southern Ohio. JS, the Candlemakers store, and one more that I don't recall the name. We could cruise the state buying up goodies!

I have a website and my customers expect me have the correct USPS rates & #'s per piece. I try very hard to keep it updated accurately. I want to keep my customers!

I just calculated shipping for different No of gallons of Head to Toe Lotion from WSP. 1 gal/12.84, 2 gal/16.84, 3 gal/30.97, 4 gal/26.43, 8 gal/52.86, 12 gal/79.29. I'm sorry, but this is crazy. There is very little savings (if any) buying in bulk. Where did the 30.97 for 3 gal come from. I agree that the 26.43 for 4 gal looks a little better, but shipping 4 gal from BCN is only 18.46. BCN is a good deal further from me than WSP. This is shipping to zip 76691 in Texas. It appears to me that someone has doctored the rates!!!!!!!:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

it doesn't make sense sometimes, that's for sure! As I stated above, what keeps me buying is the fact that my overall price (with shipping) is lots less for the same quantity of product when compared to other suppliers. For what I buy BCN isn't even in the ballpark and it's not solely due to shipping ~ I'm in Indiana, which isn't far from WI, but their product price is off the chart ..... what I do love about BCN is that they will discount from what's on the shopping cart calculator if you have a commercial address, so I still order other stuff from them, just not soap. WSP claims it "doesn't matter" which I know isn't true since I ship UPS daily outgoing and see first hand the savings of commercial vs. residential.

I know their shipping has always been in question. I live in OH and still find that their shipping at times is much higher than other places. Yet, I love the convience of ordering on the morning and getting the package the next day. So I guess I am paying for them being close. I am over a 2 hour drive so that to me just doesn't seem convenient.

Ann

I order bases, packaging & fragrance oils from WSP, and I don't find their shipping outrageous at all. It must be a state-to-state thing, no? I also find, that with them, whatever shipping amount shows up in the checkout cart, is what shipping turns out to be. With other suppliers, when I get the finalized bill, & shipping charges are more than the cart showed. But what is funny to me is, many people say that one of the reasons they like WSP is the quick shipping & for me, I have to wait a week! I guess it is a good thing that there are so many great suppliers out there, so that there are places out there to make each of us happy!

SHIPPING is REASONABLE RIGHT NOW, or there's a shipping sale going on for my address in FL

:P

After 8 months of filling my cart at WSP and getting to the shipping page and it stopping there I JUST placed my order!! For ONCE my total was higher than shipping!! I'm just sooooo thrilled as I was in major need of their clear M&P, the only one I've found that I like :rolleyes2. PLUS I bought so much more and shipping was ONLY $ 16.42 for all this

CRYSTAL CLEAR MP Soap Base (2 lb)42 lb$4.25$17.00 OATMEAL MP Soap Base (2 lb)12 lb$5.50

70/400 Black Dome Top (F217 Liner)148 piece$6.75

Happy Birthday Rubber Duck Toys212 piece$4.85$9.70

24/410 Silver & White Treatment Pump (Surplus)148 piece$11.25

It's a Boy Cigar Kit (Mold, Foil & Tags)11 set$1.75

It's a Girl Cigar Kit (Mold, Foil & Tags)11 set$1.75

Lips, X's & O's - Candy Mold 302811 mold(s)$1.50

4 oz Black Double Wall Jar 70/400148 piece$6.15

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay::yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

So, in regards to shipping, etc., is it better to order everything (bottles, jars, butters, oils, FOs, EOs, additives ...) from one company, or split up the order and buy bottles and jars from company a, butters and oils from company b, FOs and EOs from company c... you get the idea.

I live in northern CA and I've been ordering mainly from WSP & MMS 'cause they have everything. But should I split up my orders? Shipping from WSP has sometimes cost almost as much as my order, but then, I'm ordering several pounds of oils and butters too.

So, in regards to shipping, etc., is it better to order everything (bottles, jars, butters, oils, FOs, EOs, additives ...) from one company, or split up the order and buy bottles and jars from company a, butters and oils from company b, FOs and EOs from company c... you get the idea.

I live in northern CA and I've been ordering mainly from WSP & MMS 'cause they have everything. But should I split up my orders? Shipping from WSP has sometimes cost almost as much as my order, but then, I'm ordering several pounds of oils and butters too.

Have you tried Bramble berry, Pourette, Glorybee? These are in Oregon and Washington.

Ya know when I placed my order I had problems w/ the payment part so I called them to make sure it went through right. I addressed it w/ them then and I have in the past and they JUST DON'T CARE. Its dissapointing, they must get enough business that can justify the customers that walk because of the high shipping prices.

I once even checked having a shipment go to my parents (close to you Terri, in NY) and then have them bring it down to FL, as they are snow birds and the shipping different was approx $3 cheaper to them than to me in FL, I kid you not.

I am a 10 hour drive from WSP. :) Shipping is always higher at WSP, but not by much. I purchase a lot from them for two reasons. First, my order gets here in two days. Second, I have never had a single problem with them.

I love the convience of ordering on the morning and getting the package the next day. So I guess I am paying for them being close. I am over a 2 hour drive so that to me just doesn't seem convenient.

Ann

I purchase a lot from them for two reasons. First, my order gets here in two days. Second, I have never had a single problem with them.

Ditto!

I looked back on some of my invoices from WSP and realized that when I place a small order the shipping is very high but when it is a large order the shipping is reasonable. By large I mean that there are lots of items and a lot of weight. So from now on I'm just going to wait and place a large order but when I just need a couple of things I'll get them elsewhere. I have been happy with their products and their service has been excellent. They called me when I ordered jars that they found a defect in & they were helpful after I placed an online order & then called to add something. In terms of getting my order, no other company has been as fast. I am disappointed to read in another post on here that WSP only posts the good reveiws of their products. Wonder if that is a fact-maybe I'll call them about it.

I am disappointed to read in another post on here that WSP only posts the good reveiws of their products. Wonder if that is a fact /quote]

I have read plenty of FO reviews on the WSP site that were negative. Some people gave things 1 star out of 5, and negative feedback. Let's see if I can remember some of them. I'll actually go look a few up:

Tutti Dolce Cinnamon Frosting:

Stars_10.gifNot even close to Tutti Dolce's Cinnamon Frosting

Peppermint Vanilla:

Stars_10.gifNot a good choice for me

I made candles with this fragrance, did not like the outcome at all. Smelled horrible to me.

Stars_10.gifyuck!

Opened the bottle and through it right in the garbage. Company Note: Often fragrances smell better in your finished product. Certain fragrance components are intended to fade with the heat of candles and/or soap.

Lavender Fields:

Stars_20.gifOverpowering

Not nice and fresh - almost chemical or medicinal smelling. Lavender Fields and Lavender Breeze cost more but are much nicer.

Stars_10.gifUsed in Bath Products overpowering

This scent is not as natural as I would have hoped.

I certainly don't see where they hide the negative comments. I think it is pretty darned honest & upfront of them to actually post the negatives! By the way: there were tons & tons of "positives" on these very same scents as well, on their site, so don't scratch them off the list yet!

So you see,They aren't trying to pull anything over on us!