WSP's expensive shipping

bugtussle

I love WSPs Head to Toe lotion @ 14.95 a gallon. It is much creamier than others I have tried. BUT, it just costs too much to ship it. They must have gone up on their shipping again. 54.00 order, 27.00 shipping. Does anyone have a comparable lotion, maybe another company has cheaper shipping??

Where are you located?

WSP's shipping is totally out of control, I won't even look at their site anymore, cuz they suck you in with their "deals" then KILL ya on the shipping charges, :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 !!!!

I just got a sample of Essentials by Catalina's hand/body lotion and I really really like it, it's $20 a gal. I think but their shipping it ACTUAL shipping charges not over inflated like WSP.

WSP's shipping is totally out of control, I won't even look at their site anymore, cuz they suck you in with their "deals" then KILL ya on the shipping charges, :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 !!!!

I just got a sample of Essentials by Catalina's hand/body lotion and I really really like it, it's $20 a gal. I think but their shipping it ACTUAL shipping charges not over inflated like WSP.

I couldn't agree more. There are too many awesome suppliers out there to be taken in by WSP's outrageous shipping charges. My last order from them, the shipping cost was almost as much as the order total itself. DH called them about it to see if there was a mistake. When he was told that was the correct total, he cancelled the order, per my request. Imagine how furious I was when they shipped it and charged me anyways. I gave them a good piece of my mind and refuse to even consider their site any longer.

Hmm, I have put an order on the shopping cart and the shipping was only around $15.00 or so and my order was over $65. I am in PA, which is only one state away. Last fall I also ordered 4 cases of jars and the shipping was still only $15 something. Maybe it is more expensive the further away you arel.

If worse comes to worse, I have a friend that goes to college in findlay and I could just pay him to pick it up for me!

Steph

what was the weight of your package? If you ordered multiple gallons, it could either (A) be kind of heavy or (B) be getting shipped in multiple packages. I shipped 2 large boxes yesterday from IN to UT and they were over $20.00 each (43 something for the 2 of them together) and this morning sent a box to CA that was nearly $17.00 ~ and I have a 'discounted' daily pick-up rate!

If you know the weight, or can calculate it very close, go to UPS website and punch in the numbers ~ round up on the weight, and be sure to account for whether you are a commercial or residential address, and just see what the quote comes up. You may be surprised just how high it actually is.

All that said ~ I'm not "defending" WSP to you, because I do think they're unfair in the way they charge. I'm in IN and I can order soap from them and it's about $100.00 for shipping, and I can order the same quantity from IL and it's around $76.00 for shipping (both being just 1 state away from me). Bottom line is that WSP "total" is less though because their product price is better!

I tried a lot of combinations of product, even only 1 gallon, and it was still ridiculous shipping. I am in Texas. I order most of my supplies from BCN in Wisconsin and their shipping is less than 1/2 of WSPs. Thks for the responses and suggestions. Carole

I tried a lot of combinations of product, even only 1 gallon, and it was still ridiculous shipping. I am in Texas. I order most of my supplies from BCN in Wisconsin and their shipping is less than 1/2 of WSPs. Thks for the responses and suggestions. Carole

If at all possible, try the reverse ... order MORE. That's where the "value" comes in for me ~ I buy in bulk, or at the very least by multiples of whatever it is that I'm ordering. Shipping on just 1 gallon would definitely not be "worth it" unless you want it just for personal use I guess.

If it's a good seller, try pricing 5 gallons or 10 gallons ~ the shipping divided between that many gallons should (I say should LOL) come out more reasonable.

There doesn't seem to be 1 supplier with the best product price AND the best shipping cost, at least not on what I buy. I put up with WSP's shipping because as I said before ~ the product itself is nice to work with and overall actually costs less than to buy it from somewhere else.

Quote:

"If you know the weight, or can calculate it very close, go to UPS website and punch in the numbers ~ round up on the weight, and be sure to account for whether you are a commercial or residential address, and just see what the quote comes up. You may be surprised just how high it actually is."

I didn't know you could do that! Thanks! Maybe theses suppliers have different rates to different states because I find WSP to be more reasonable in shipping than BCN. And I order a few WSP bases. And yes, it is much more cost efficient to buy more than just one gallon of base to be shipped. I usually have alot of other stuff in the cart as well, so shipping doesn't seem so high to me.

As for the lotion at Essentials By Catalina: I agree, they have great bases! Worth trying! And you can buy generous sized samples of all their bases for a small price. And if you don't see the base you are looking for in their "samples" section, if you call them or email them, they'll let you get samples of whatever base you want.

Aside from WSP, BC & EssentialsbyCatalina, I've also read some wonderful reviews of Millcreeks's bases.

The best shipping for me was to get two gallons. UPS ground for one gallon was $11.38 and only went up to $13.07 for two gallons. But when I added a third gallon, it jumped to $25.28 because it was going in a separate box.

WSP may be more expensive on shipping (but having a father who works at UPS, I know it IS pricey), but I know I can always count on them to send my order super quick ... and to fix any problems that might arise. That alone gives them my business!

Plus, the ladies that take orders over the phone are lovely!

- Meg

You guys want to here something funny?

I ordered 4 cases of jars then added 2 cases to my order while I was there. I did have a few slabs of wax in the order too. The lady that helped me must have calculated the shipping just for kicks because I didn't ask her to do it. She said that I saved myself something like $72 for picking up! I work just up the street and live about 20-25 miles from there......holy moly $70 to have it delivered!!! NO WAY!!! Not to mention that they were surplus jars and it would have been about double the cost of the order!

Can you get a gallon jug in a flat rate box? If so I will flat rate it out to ya. That is insane with the shipping

OK, first... tlc STOP BRAGGING! You live close to WSP & NG and I for one am so insanely jealous I can't stand it :)

I have always gotten reasonable shipping from WSP, as well as great CS. They sent me two cases of the WRONG surplus glass, and then corrected it by sending the correct glass and let me keep the wrong ones. Woo hoo!

I wasn't bragging! I am sorry! I don't mean to rub it in.

I was just sharing about how insane thier shipping really is. I have said it before and will say it again ...THEY GOUGE!!!

I actually laughed at her and told her "that is why I pick up"

Honestly if I weren't able to pick up I probably wouldn't order from them either.

I got a bottle of cyclo from them and the cap leaks horribly. I called to complain that it leaked getting it home and even when I pour. They called me back and said basically to bad, so sad. I told them that I would just find another supplier for my cyclo and guess what, they lost business. I got it cheaper from BCN even with the cost of shipping and it doesn't leak.

Malinda- just pm me if you think I can help