First everlasting heart with rose

Donita

I finally got around to ordering the inserts for tea lights. Do not have any clue as to why I never tried them. I love it. I bougt the ones for plastic tea lights. They let more light through and stay cooler. This was my first attempt at embedding a flower. The fern kept floating away. I will try a drop of higt melt glue next time. I think that this would be good for all of my fancy floral art candles. I am ordering more inserts!!!!!!!!! Donita

post-248-139458378261_thumb.jpg

post-248-139458378265_thumb.jpg

I bought these roses from Kate Chu. pressed-flowers.com. She is the moderator or my flower group at Yahoo. I press thousands of flowers a year, but buy and trade with Kate. I got the inserts from Pourette. Jeff is my fav there. Donita

I know what you mean. I never thought I would like these. But now I am re thinking things. I am going to suggest them for wedding and party favors. I guess they could be scented too. This one isn't. The cold throw would have to be a good one, but even the heat from the tea light would help to throw some scent too.

It is hurricane wax. I haven't burned one yet but have been told that they should be fine with 2 hours of burn time. The plastic tea lights should help keep things "cool". (I hope) I will burn one and see. I am always "Out on a Limb"...oh .....that was Shirley McClain's book.....guess it is time to visit Peru........

Thanks everyone. Scented...no I haven't tried the votive one. I used votives in glass many years ago in a victorian lamp candle (very fancy), but the glass got too hot for me. I wish someone would come out with a plastic holder for votives....maybe someone already has.....the votive would burn longer, but it makes such a large hole in the top of a candle. For large candles it would be fine....guess when I order some more of the tea light plugs, I will order a votive and see how they work. I LIKE to burn regular pillar candles, but a fancy one can be saved this way.