ISO Roll-On Perfume Oil Recipe

Candle Man

Cyclo & FO at 7:1 ratio.....or 6:1 ratio

or

Cyclo & FCO and FO at same ratio's but: the "parts" would be:

6 parts Cyclo, 1 part FCO and 1 part FO

I've read many suggestions about this. Here are some "pastes" from others who have done it: Can be used to make a Spray or a Roll-On:

Suggestion #1:

1/2 tsp fo to 2 oz. cyclo

Suggestion #2:

some people use less or more, but here is the standard recipe:

1 part fragrance oil to 6 parts cyclomethicone

it depends on the size...whatever it is, break it down to 7 parts.

example : for a 2 ounce total weight - 2.0 divide by 7 = approx .28 per part.

so you would use .28 fo and the rest is cyclo.

2 oz dry oil spray - .28 oz fo

4 oz dry oil spray - .57 oz fo

6 oz dry oil spray- .85 oz fo

8 oz dry oil spray - 1.14 oz fo

Suggestion #3:

.28 oz FO=1 part..plus....28 oz Coc.orGrapseed oil= 1 part......plus........1.4 oz Cyclo(.28x5)=5 parts....with a grand total of 7 parts

Suggestion#4:

if adding a carri oil like grapeseed,rice bran or fractionated coconut, sub 1 part of the cyclo for the carrier oil to see if the fo will blend

Hope some of these help.

Cyclo & FO at 7:1 ratio.....or 6:1 ratio

or

Cyclo & FCO and FO at same ratio's but: the "parts" would be:

6 parts Cyclo, 1 part FCO and 1 part FO

I've read many suggestions about this. Here are some "pastes" from others who have done it: Can be used to make a Spray or a Roll-On:

Suggestion #1:

1/2 tsp fo to 2 oz. cyclo

Suggestion #2:

some people use less or more, but here is the standard recipe:

1 part fragrance oil to 6 parts cyclomethicone

it depends on the size...whatever it is, break it down to 7 parts.

example : for a 2 ounce total weight - 2.0 divide by 7 = approx .28 per part.

so you would use .28 fo and the rest is cyclo.

2 oz dry oil spray - .28 oz fo

4 oz dry oil spray - .57 oz fo

6 oz dry oil spray- .85 oz fo

8 oz dry oil spray - 1.14 oz fo

Suggestion #3:

.28 oz FO=1 part..plus....28 oz Coc.orGrapseed oil= 1 part......plus........1.4 oz Cyclo(.28x5)=5 parts....with a grand total of 7 parts

Suggestion#4:

if adding a carri oil like grapeseed,rice bran or fractionated coconut, sub 1 part of the cyclo for the carrier oil to see if the fo will blend

Hope some of these help.

Thank you,

I do use Cyclo, FCO & FO in my body sprays but was afraid the cyclo would be to thin in a roll-on and would leak.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone use Cyclo in there Roll-on perfume and does it leak?

I guess I will have to try it, first roll it then I'll just set the bottle upside down and let it set for days and check it. May also need to do the same test in a little hotter area like it was in a pocket or purse in the heat.

There isn't a hard and fast rule such as one might have with soap. I use jojoba oil in mine, and some scents need more FO and some need less, depending on the blend. Put about 10 drops into the bottle and then fill the bottle halfway up with oil and see how you like it. Keep adding oil until it smells like you want it. if it becomes too diluted, add a few more drops FO. You have to experiment.

What I'm tring to work up into a recipe is FCO, FO & Vit. E in that order. I figure I could start with 2/3 or 3/4 FCO then go from there but I do want a strong long lasting scent.

Natural VitE that I have is very dark brown & I don't want to put to much E and make all my roll-on's dark brown color. I want enough E for the benifits of it.

DPG is not body safe. Not the only thing but DPG is mostly used to cut FO for incence.

Then I would go with a natural oil, like the jojoba...or maybe sweet almond. In my research I have read that it is non toxic and skin safe when used properly. Some even use it when they want to accelerate trace in cold process soap. I personally just buy body oils that are already formulated for body use, then I dont have to worry about cutting them with anything.

This is posted on Bramble Berry's site:

http://www.brambleberry.com/lotions.html

Dipropylene Glycol (DPG) - DPG is commonly used in incense making or to cut fragrances to make them skin safe or suitable for potpourri or burners. Our DPG is fragrance grade. It is a water-soluble, colorless, low-odor liquid with low volatility. Additionally, DPG is an excellent solvent for many organic materials.

Good luck with whatever you use:) :grin2:

This is posted on Bramble Berry's site:

http://www.brambleberry.com/lotions.html

Dipropylene Glycol (DPG) - DPG is commonly used in incense making or to cut fragrances to make them skin safe or suitable for potpourri or burners. Our DPG is fragrance grade. It is a water-soluble, colorless, low-odor liquid with low volatility. Additionally, DPG is an excellent solvent for many organic materials.

Good luck with whatever you use:) :grin2:

Thanks for the info on DPG.

Personally and this is just me I wouldn't use DPG on my skin.

I use vit E, SAO (sweet almond oil), and body safe FOs. I use more FO than most and have never had an issue from customers w/ it irritating the skin (7ml of ASO, 15 drops of Vit E, and 2-3 ml of FO). :smiley2:

It's actually an ingredient in some food items. I was just reading a label the other day and noticed DPG (same INCI) in there. Can't recall what it was, though.

I personally don't use DPG in perfumes because 1) jojoba is part of the luxury appeal of my products and 2) i hate the dry-yet-sticky feel of DPG as it dries. I use it frequently in my incense making, though, and have not had a problem with having it get on my hands day in and day out (and I get the serious itchies from many things). Anecdotal evidence only, I know, but.....my 2 cents.

I dislike cyclo because one never knows if it will blend with the FO you happen to use. Some it does, others it doesn't. The ones it doesn't mix with will drop like a stone to the bottom of the bottle and look unattractive IMO. It does have a very nice dry-not-sticky-but-slick feel, though.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm a little confused here lol If I wanted to use what Candleman was talking about FCO, fo and Vit E I'm assuming since they are all oils then they will blend together. Am I right on this?

Yes they will blend very well. You just have to use very little of the Vit. E because it is thicker than the other oils. If to much E is added the end product will have drag or be sticky.

Does anyone use Cyclo in there Roll-on perfume and does it leak?

I guess I will have to try it, first roll it then I'll just set the bottle upside down and let it set for days and check it. May also need to do the same test in a little hotter area like it was in a pocket or purse in the heat.

Cyclo is used in dry oil sprays. Perfume consists of carrier oil & fragrance. I've used jojoba & it's worth the extra cost because it provides a smoother glide & the gold color looks richer since the bottle is clear.

I used jojoba and fragrance and they leaked. That was just my experience though and I've since eliminated them from my product list.

Now I don't know if it was the oil or what, but I can guarantee that they were tight, we didn't use over the recommended FO & they seemed to be just fine for at least a week before they started to leak.

I used jojoba and fragrance and they leaked. That was just my experience though and I've since eliminated them from my product list.

Now I don't know if it was the oil or what, but I can guarantee that they were tight, we didn't use over the recommended FO & they seemed to be just fine for at least a week before they started to leak.

What was the condition and where were they when they leaked?

Were they in a pocket, purse etc. Laying on there side or cap?

I guess I'll have to make-up some samples and try them in different places and temps. Like a pocket, purse, car, desk drawer, etc.