You should not be in Business when......

Lynda3811

You can not return an e-mail within 2 days.

You can not return a phone call within 2 days.

You can not get a order out within a reasonable amount of time.

I am so tired of some of these businesses that show lack of respect for my business. If you can't return an e-mail or a phone call.... get HELP. If you can't afford help then infom on your website your business ethics. Be honest about the turn around time. If you are out of stock, post it on the site. Don't charge me and two weeks later say you are waiting for it to come in.

I can go on and on about this. I am just so frustrated. Why don't they realize if you don't have customers you don't have a business. From now on I will try to buy local and if I need a certain item I will personally talk to the company and see what the turn around is. If I call and can't get a live person I will not order from them.

I vow from now on I will not let a supplier do this to me again. My customers are my first

priority!!!!

Just needed to VENT!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Thinking customer service is becoming a lost art in America

Things like this really make you stick with a trusted supplier when you find them don't they!

This is why I am so happy to have found Peak's - They have top-of-the line products and their customer service is beyond outstanding! Now if we could only talk them into carring every single thing I want so I didn't have to deal with anyone else . . .

Been there, done that and still looking for companies to replace what I get from certain other places. Drives me nuts too Lynda, but even worse is getting the order and a note that says out of stock on the other item. Shouldn't have to wait a week or whatever to find out all of the order isn't showing up. That's what I like about Peaks, options. Candlewic is getting a little better about it.

It hurts, that's for sure. I've seen more and more of this crop up, a lot of time with the smaller businesses. Though some bigger ones have the same troubles. But the small ones, sometimes I think they get into the supply business without thinking through a business plan. What happens if they're successful? What happens when family problems hit? Let's see, I've dropped 3 suppliers that I can think of because of their lack of service. - 2 small ones, and 1 large one.

There are so many great businesses out there still, I don't put up with shoddy customer service anymore. I bust my butt to make sure orders are filled promptly, my suppliers should be doing the same thing ;)

I hear ya Lynda. It really sucks when they charge you right away but don't ship out your order until a week or two later. And like Scented said, when you get your order there's a note about something back ordered. Or they hold your order because they're waiting on a back ordered item and they don't let you know. For me, it's lack of communication that hurts customer service.

This is why I am slowely weaning off my local supplier. Go in to get something and when they are out, they have no idea when it will be in. I'm leaning more and more on Peaks and other suppliers for thing like scents and dye blocks. I buy my wicks by the 1000's so I don't run out of those.

Seems like if they get their money up front, they're happy and to heck with the customer who is not!:mad:

I hear ya Lynda. It really sucks when they charge you right away but don't ship out your order until a week or two later. And like Scented said, when you get your order there's a note about something back ordered. Or they hold your order because they're waiting on a back ordered item and they don't let you know. For me, it's lack of communication that hurts customer service.

I have been waiting for some wood diplays that were supposed to be out to me in three weeks, it has now been a month and a half since I placed the order. I have emailed them to ask where they are but received no response. My credit card was charged the day after I ordered. Nice!! They were very quick to help me when I placed the order.

I have been fortunate with practically all of my purchases over the internet except for one. After I placed an order and two weeks went by and I still didn't have my merchandise I desperately tried to get in contact regarding my order. This lady never responded to emails, phone calls, faxes, or letters.

From that ordeal I learned to call a company or send an email just to see how timely they will respond to me regarding an initial order--before I ever place an order. If I get no response or a response days later, they get no business from me.

If you follow the boards regularly you can generally get a good idea of some of the more reputable dealers and the ones with outstanding customer service.

i waited for over a month for my candle container kit , when i called all i got was a voice message and i left messages after messages emailed and never any replies until i left one last message that i filed a complaint with the better business burea (spelling lol) then i got my kit and all the stuff wasnt there.last i checked there not online anymore...