Nervous to ask this!!!!

Before anyone starts snapping at me to use the search tool I did and found some really rude comments on the topics I was looking at so I am a little nervous to even post these questions. And in the middle of all of it I think site was lost on the original question so I didnt get the answers I was looking for.

I have never made tealights before and will be making some to test this weekend. All I need to know is how many tealights do you get per pound of wax? And same for votives...how many votives per pound of wax do you get. I am using IGI 1242 if that matters. THey are unscented candles too. I usually get 1 dozen votives out of 1 pound but want to see what others get.

Thanks for the positive comments.

If this is supposed to be a place for help lately it is a little scary to post questions!!!!

I got 22 out of a pound of enchated lites soy with 1.5oz fo..and 8 votives out of a pound fo KY soy/parffin votive blend.

I was the one who got all the rude comments when asking about the tea lights..a SUPPLIER had to jump in a help me out a bit through emails..but I got my questions answered and I made a batch ..they came out great..a little frosting but burned awsome..mac apple from peaks..dyed red.. and my mom stole 4 of them:D

Give it a whirl..check out enchanted lites as well..they have pretty reasonable prices on wicks, and clear tea light cups.

You do get alot for votives..wow..do you let them lip around the edge when pouring?..like they are almost going to spill over..also do you need a repour with that wax? I have never used that one.

I got 22 out of a pound of enchated lites soy with 1.5oz fo..and 8 votives out of a pound fo KY soy/parffin votive blend.

I was the one who got all the rude comments when asking about the tea lights..a SUPPLIER had to jump in a help me out a bit through emails..but I got my questions answered and I made a batch ..they came out great..a little frosting but burned awsome..mac apple from peaks..dyed red.. and my mom stole 4 of them:D

Give it a whirl..check out enchanted lites as well..they have pretty reasonable prices on wicks, and clear tea light cups.

You do get alot for votives..wow..do you let them lip around the edge when pouring?..like they are almost going to spill over..also do you need a repour with that wax? I have never used that one.

I know it was that post that I looked at. That is why I was nervous to ask these questions, sometimes people just need clarification and not rude comments. So I THANK YOU and everyone for the help

Jenn....no one yelled at you......:highfive: Donita

no but I know what she means by being nervous about asking.. if you are new here you may not have seen the same thing posted 15 times.. or if you did a search and you could not find the answer then well you should ask..but sometimes there are some people on here who are very rude about it..instead of typing the answer to the question(if they even know it)..instead they make rude comments and are very harsh!

if you are new here you may not have seen the same thing posted 15 times.. or if you did a search and you could not find the answer then well you should ask..but sometimes there are some people on here who are very rude about it..instead of typing the answer to the question(if they even know it)..instead they make rude comments and are very harsh!

Pamperme, you came back after a self imposed hiatus asking a lot of questions. You are not new here and had over 3500 posts on the old board. Perhaps that's why you got blasted.

Pamperme, you came back after a self imposed hiatus asking a lot of questions. You are not new here and had over 3500 posts on the old board. Perhaps that's why you got blasted.

ok..so I never made a tea light..so I asked..does it matter how many posts someone has? I searched and did not find the answer..I don't think that is very fair!

If someone on here has 5000 post and has NEVER made a b&B item and asked a question about it..would they get blasted to?

ISN'T that why Alan put this board here?

That is beside the point..I wish you luck with your tea lights..I actually enjoyed making them after I got the info I needed and they came out nice..if I would not have asked I probably never would have even tried them. However, the melted tea light pic has me still a little worried about using the plastic ones.:undecided

I know it was that post that I looked at. That is why I was nervous to ask these questions, sometimes people just need clarification and not rude comments. So I THANK YOU and everyone for the help

BTW welcome to the board!

Usually if you try to search and don't find what you are looking for, and we can gather that you made an effort to find it, we are pretty helpful. We have had noobs in the past pump us for a bunch of information in their first post, and practically want information spoon-fed to them. One in particular came right out and said in his/her first post that he knew the search function was there, but thought it would take too much of his valuable time and just wanted us to tell him what to do! :laugh2: BTW he was a particularly tasty morsel :drool:

Believe me, you are OK asking for help!

geek

Not sure if you have been reading all the posts about "clear" tea-light cups...Target & Big Lots both have had re-calls on these, because they are getting so hot and melting the cup and causing an extreme fire hazard. We have since gone to the metal cups. It's a safety issue for us!! HTH

Joyce

Davids' Wife:D

Not sure if you have been reading all the posts about "clear" tea-light cups...Target & Big Lots both have had re-calls on these, because they are getting so hot and melting the cup and causing an extreme fire hazard. We have since gone to the metal cups. It's a safety issue for us!! HTH

Joyce

Davids' Wife:D

ok..thats it..gonna scratch the plastic tea lights..I will use the ones I have for myself but I am not selling them no way.. IF I carry tea lights in the future I think I will go metal as wel..and that is a big IF. :(

I made 500 tea lights weekend before last and averaged about 26-28 per pound. I used a parrafin blend poured into aluminum molds which hold 1/2 oz of wax. HTH

oh YES that helps me hugely...thank you to everyone. I have never made tealights and this is first for me. I will try to talk her out of plastic cups but she wants them plastic because her votive holders are clear. Any other suggestions.

line your cups up on a cookie sheet before you pour. Those buggers are little and even though I have been pouring for years and have a pretty steady hand, I still make a huge mess with them. I quit making them because of that and the fact that it is just cheaper to buy them.

line your cups up on a cookie sheet before you pour. Those buggers are little and even though I have been pouring for years and have a pretty steady hand, I still make a huge mess with them. I quit making them because of that and the fact that it is just cheaper to buy them.

Also if you use a dixie cup to pour it makes it easier for such a small container. I also use a dixie cup for my 1.5 oz hex jars, get a little more control over pouring