The Clean Up

angel2211

I did read on this forum some where about cleanin up after making soap, I cannot for the life of me remember if it was an actual topic or a post from someone in a another topic. I've just been searching CT for ages and cannot find anything. I can remember it stated that when making soaps it's better to clean your things the next day. But I cannot remember how it said to clean them or what the reason was for cleaning them the next day..

I have typed all sorts of stuff into the search box, been back through all threads i've posted in. And cannot find it any where.

Any help, anyone can give me about where to find this thread OR how to clean up and when's best to do it would be super fantastic. All the dirty bowls and things are sitting there bugging me already

I always clean my stick blender , as far as everything else if you want you can throw it all in the pan you make the soap in and wait til the next day, it will be soap. I always wear my gloves when playing with raw soap as it can still burn. If you are going to wait til the next day tuck it all away somewhere where the kids or pets or even the hubby can't get to it.

I do it right after I make soap! I scrape every last bit into my mold' date=' wipe out with a paper towl and then rinse. I find that if I wait till the next day, it takes me longer and is more putzy.

Jen[/quote']

Yup, me too. I rinse everything in HOT HOT water making sure I get all of the raw soap out.

I wait (next day, next week... haha) Just because it's soo much easier to clean out once it's soap. I always let it soak in hot water and most of it comes out, then I get out whatever's left and sometimes toss it into the dishwasher (but DONT put it in the dishwasher with lots of soap still on it! too many bubbles!)

I wash up the next day when it's soap. I do swipe out the pot with a paper towel, so I don't have a big hunk of soap stuck to the bottom of the pot that's hard to get out. I don't want to wash it out ealier cuz we're on septic, and don't want all that plain oil down the drain. Plus my luck, it'll saponify in the drain and plug up.

That would be my luck to Robin. Our drains are already a bit dodgy, rotten landlord wont do anything about it. So last thing i need is soap in it. He'd probably finally send out the plumber and then find the soap i'd get stuck paying the bill....:laugh2: :laugh2:

yeah, get most of the soap out before you throw it in the dishwasher. I did that 2 times with CP and once with MP, big mess and I think it took 2 washes with no dishes in there to get all the bubbles out!

Steph

Been there and done that! Walked away from the dishwasher. When I returned, there were bubbles everywhere! What a mess.

yeah, get most of the soap out before you throw it in the dishwasher. I did that 2 times with CP and once with MP, big mess and I think it took 2 washes with no dishes in there to get all the bubbles out!

Steph

I have done this with CP .... but I didn't wait for the next day. I just threw everything in with that nights dishes. Boy was hubby surprised the next morning when everything was greasy!! I told him he must have forgot the soap!! :rolleyes2 :lipsrseal :laugh2: Now I wait till the next day. ;)

I told him he must have forgot the soap!! :rolleyes2 :lipsrseal :laugh2: Now I wait till the next day. ;)

ROFPMSL i'd kill to be able to get away with that one, He'd know. I don't have a dishwasher either so bit hard. I let the dishes wait till the next day put them in some hot water and they cleaned up really well. Unfortunately i did the same with my stick blender. So next time i'll now to shoosh that up in some hot water as soon as i'm finished. I can't stand having a mess out even till the next day, it irritates me no end, so what I did was cleaned a spot in one of my top cupboards and put my mess in there till the next morning it cleaned up with no hassles at all. Thanks for everyone's replies they've been great and answered exactly what I wanted to know so thank you everyone so much.

I clean up most of my stuff the next day or so. I think its easier to do it that way once its turned to soap. I do clean up my SB that same day - or at least rinse it off. I don't like there to be a big blob of soap by the blade since its a tight area and hard to get out without cutting yourself.

My dishwasher is my 2 hands, a good scrub brush & sponge, and lots of really, really hot water. Or my kids! :laugh2:And after the kids have cleaned the dishes, you have to make sure to look at your dishes before eating or drinking from anything. You never know what you'll find stuck to it. :eek:

Well I have two choices -

1. I can rinse it all out right away and stick it in the dishwasher

2. I can let it sit in the sink all night, chisle out the newly formed soap, rinse it out, and stick it in the dishwasher.

But I actually choose the latter cause I don't like putting any oils into the water treatment plant I don't need to - it really is hard on the system and thus hard on our water sources! OIL = BAD in waste water!

I've made 2 batches of CP now and have waited till the next day. I made room in the cupboard to hide my dishes so i didn't have to look at the mess, then the next day i fill my sink with boiling hot water and detergent, just let them sit in it for a while then lift them out and they're all done. I just rinse with hot water and dry them. I don't do this for my moulds though, not sure if it's the same as making chocolates but i remember my mum would never put her chocolate moulds in detergent. So i just rinse them with hot, hot water and dry with a tissue.