Coffee 'n Cream (Cut pic in 1st post)

Brenda

Here's a coffee soap I made tonight. It's got a little goat milk in it, a slurry of instant coffee, fresh coffee grounds, and a little gold mica spread on the top. I hope it has enough scent from the natural coffee since I had no coffee FO. Some of the soap was left white (even though it looks blue in the photo) to swirl throughout. I hope it turns out!

Goat_milk_latte.jpg

Thanks for looking. :cheesy2: I've blown my OO budget for the week...

Here are the cut bars. I grabbed one to see how it sudsed - I'm happy it even though it smells very weak, more like chocolate than coffee.

Coffee_and_cream.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! You are confidence builders. But I have to tell you, it doesn't smell much like coffee this morning... :rolleyes2 We will see what happens to it over the next few weeks. It should be decent soap even if it smells like the coffee does that my mom used to make...weak, very weak.

The cool part about soaping is the opportunity to learn something with every batch. At my age recording everything just after I finish a batch is important so that I can duplicate the batches and avoid mishaps. It is endlessly fascinating as you all know. :cheesy2:

My note for this batch: "Need a good coffee FO. :laugh2: What good is pretty if it doesn't do the job?"