Triple Scented

I have read several threads about this. I was browsing through several candle sites today that I have bookmarked. On the Homepage of one in LARGE letters was this:

We use 4 times the fragrance of industry standards.

:laugh2:

That must be one strong soy candle! I am assuming they are saying that they use 2ozpp!

they are probely using gb 444 like mc sales and has a fo load of 2oz.

by old industry standards 1/2 oz of oil was used and now if you use 1.5oz you can say it's triple scented, so 2oz would be 4 times.

i've smelled alot of supposed triple scented candles and if the truth be known they probely have not even used 1/2oz of oil.

they are probely using gb 444 like mc sales and has a fo load of 2oz.

by old industry standards 1/2 oz of oil was used and now if you use 1.5oz you can say it's triple scented, so 2oz would be 4 times.

i've smelled alot of supposed triple scented candles and if the truth be known they probely have not even used 1/2oz of oil.

My point exactly. I think it is so deceiving what these companies are doing!:undecided

There was a Dudley Moore movie called Crazy People where his character was an advertising executive who went bonkers and ran an ad campaign that was painfully truthful. Paul Reiser's character had a line in the movie:

"We're supposed to lie, we're in advertising!"

We had a thread about three weeks ago about an over the top candlemaker's website and the outrageous claims made on it. The conclusion we seemed to draw from the discussion was that most of the site content was truthful, but it was meant for the uneducated candle user, and we as experienced chandlers could see through the spin and BS.

Who really knows what the industry standard is? Don't we count as the "industry?" What is the meaning of life? Why do birds eat mulberrys from my neighbor's tree and crap down the side of my house?? I DEMAND TO KNOW!!!

geek

Who really knows what the industry standard is? Don't we count as the "industry?" What is the meaning of life? Why do birds eat mulberrys from my neighbor's tree and crap down the side of my house?? I DEMAND TO KNOW!!!

geek

OMG.......I'M ROLLIN'......:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I bought a candle that boasted the same up in the Dells one year & the whole top lit up - not just the wick, the whole top was a flame.

A big scary flame.

I had to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at 1st I had to re-read this ---- I have my candles for sale in the Dells --- but happily :D I know it wasnt me cause I havent been there that long and I dont use such advertising LOL.

Scary thought though for a candlemaker.