Aromatherapy Scents

Hey everyone! I was asked to make some aromatherapy candles and was just curious as to what seems to be the most common (popular) aromatherapy combinations. I need about 4-5 combinations.

Thanks for any suggestions!!:cool2:

Lavender is always a popular aromatherapy scent, mix it with vanilla or jasmine, and you won't be able to keep it on the shelves. Something citrusy, like bergamot with lemon and maybe a little sage or geranium to keep the citrus from being too strong is a great mix for an energizing scent. There's always the ubiquitous Eucalyptus Spearmint, everyone carries is, and it really is a great fragrance. I also love Chamomile alone, but it also blends well, and as with Lav, people are familiar with the name, so they are more prone to sniff it. I've noticed that a little exotic is cool, but people get weirded out when you use too many obscure oils. Then maybe a Cedarwood mix, to appeal to those who like the heavier, romantic scents.

What I would do is go to BBW and see what combos they have, check out the selections of essential oil mixes from Sweetcakes, they have some amazing combos, and write down the ones that appeal to you, then start mixing and see what works!

Go to the library and check out the Aromatic Candle ... I think it's the one that has this chart of what works well in combinations and what it does. By that I mean adding x to o makes it more of an herbal scent etc. It's been a fairly interesting, though basic, book.

• 1 month later...

LOL Braveheart ... from online dictionaries and searching ...

aromatherapy has several broad-ranged definitions, but it's basically:

The use of selected fragrant substances in lotions and inhalants in an effort to affect mood and promote health. Therapy using of fragrant natural oils, etc.

and better defined: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatherapy

Which also had a link to aromachology.

WHICH means: Aromachology is the study of the influence of odors on behavior. Although certain plants have stimulating or relaxing effects, research on wider scopes of application are still at an early stage.