Fall & Christams

Candle Man

I'm working on it. The first one so far is Snowy Pine (FH), it's a keeper!

I just ordered samples of Country Christmas and Christmas Cabin from NG; Country Christmas is on their best seller list. I also want to test NG's Hot Baked Apple Pie. (Any opinions on these?)

I'd be interested in what everyone else has to say too.

yup- I'm workin' on fall & Christmas scents, 'cause I have a Christmas in July show to get ready for.

BCN's WYW HotApplePie is awesome.

last year, I sold alot of ScotchPine from CS. The more "foody" type scents don't sell well for me here. I even have a WYW PerfectPumpkin from last year sitting here....and it's awesome too!

Sorry I don't have any Christmas NG's. I did get a few from AH/RE to try this year

I'm working on the "Warm" Holiday scents...hoping that I will have them down pat by Christmas...Candle man' date=' did you HAVE to remind me it's just 5 months away?! :laugh2: (JK) We have 6 kids (together)...Lawaway, here I come![/quote']

If you notice the ticker Today 6-27-06 is exactly 6 months or 180 Days till Christmas.

I'm working on it. The first one so far is Snowy Pine (FH), it's a keeper!

I just ordered samples of Country Christmas and Christmas Cabin from NG; Country Christmas is on their best seller list. I also want to test NG's Hot Baked Apple Pie. (Any opinions on these?)

I'd be interested in what everyone else has to say too.

The Hot Baked Apple Pie is awesome!!!!!!!! And another one that became my favorite last Christmas was Hippie Christmas. I just loved it. I have been a NG customer for a while, and it seems they beat everyone with almost all thier fragrances IMHO!!!!!!!!

Candlebuddy, I would love to hear what you think of Country Christmas and Christmas Cabin from NG when you get them. I started to do a sampler from them on my last order but there were so many fall/xmas FOs I just deleted it until next time - but those two were on my list.

I can definately say that NG's Pumpkin Crunch Cake is what I'm going to use for "pumpkin" this year.

I emailed NG and asked for thier 10 best christmas/holiday scents, here is the scents they recommended if anyone is interested,

1. Christmas Splendor

2. Country Christmas

3. Spiced Cranberry

4. Hot Baked Apple Pie

5. Pumpkin Pie

6. Cinnamon Buns

7. Orange Clove

8. Creme Brulee

9. Gingerbread

10. Sweet Potato Pie

Hi all, I know this is an older thread, but I'm new to the boards and just found it. Thought I'd chime in and bump up since I've just tested several of these from NG

In 100% Soy flakes with eco wicks, I used 1.5oz per lb and one or two drops of liquid color of the following:

Iced Cinnamon Buns - awesome in tarts immediately (hot and cold; Candles: cold throw great immediately and hot throw great after 4 or 5 day cure.

Sweet Potatoe Pie - can't tell you how great this scent is. I love it! I got the same results as above. You can smell all the notes at one time or another, even marshmallow!

Hot Orange Danish - not on the list above but so yummy, I've used all my sample tarts and am having withdrawals. Same results as the other two. Tarts and cold throw immediate, candle hot throw great after several days.

Just a note: after a couple of small batches I discovered that a longer stir of all worked better. Guess because they are 'heavy' oil???

I have on hand, but have yet to test Christmas Splendor, Hot Baked Apple Pie (old version) and orange clove.

Hope this helps a bit with their top 10 holday scents!

Old Mills Christmas Cabin is wonderful! It smells like Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flannel. They say it better than I ever could:

Description: A wonderful fresh aromatic blend of lavender, spruce & cedar enhanced by a citrus bouquet of lemon lime with a dry down of patchouli, sandalwood and oak moss. Change the name of this fragrance and use it all year round.

I poured some testers and I'm letting them cure for about a week. All the scents were fantastic OOB. I used a 50/50 blend. The scents were:

Christmas Cabin

Country Christmas

Christmas Splendor

Mrs. Claus Cookies

Sugar Cookie

Butter Brickle

Frangelico Streusel

Italian Biscotti

Spiced Cranberry

Cranberry Cobbler

I will definately post the results. I'm looking for the best Christmas scent(s),

vanilla/butter cookie scent, almond bakery scent, and cranberry scent with this bunch.

I have a few more samples to test from NG and then I'll begin with the samples I have from BC. By the time I'm done with all my testing, I hope to narrow my holiday fo list down to about 10-12 of some awesome scents.

I like to mix my own personal favorite.. I call it NOEL. I mix .6 ounce cinnamon, .6 and .3 ounce of Pear... you can rearrange this mix to fit whatever you like more of.. it smells fantastic!!!! You can swap the pear measurement with the Mac apple and call it Christmas Pearadise:D I use Save on Scents Ultra Concentrate and they are fantastic!!!

Teri

Hi All...testing this week NG's Christmas Splendor and Orange Clove in my C-3 flakes at 1.5 per lb and one or two drops of liquid color with Eco wicks...

Christmas Splendor is out of this world cold and hot throw in tarts and cold throw immediately in candle...will test candle hot throw in a day or two

Orange Clove, same results!

Can't wait to burn them, but the tarts are tiding me over...I've discovered that patience is a virtue with this wax and candle hot throw.

I will be patient, I will be patient, I will be patient!!!:grin2:

Just wanted to post the results of my NG testing. I used 10% in 50/50 soy blend and let cure for 1 week.

Christmas Cabin - Awesome. Strong cold & hot throw. This one is a keeper. I love this scent, true to it's name. Lots of compliments. After the holidays I will rename it Country Cabin.

Country Christmas - Very Good. Good cold & hot throw. However, I prefer Christmas Cabin. (Doing a comparison test so ... the Cabin wins).

Christmas Splendor - Fantastic. Strong cold & hot throw. This scent is so compelling. It makes me want to hold the jar to my nose and keep sniffing. Filled my large living room & foyer in no time. Another keeper.

Sugar Cookie - Very good. Med cold throw, med-strong hot throw. Smells just like a sugar cookie. (I'm still deciding on this one, not quite as strong as I'm looking for, I have another sample to test before I make up my mind).

Mrs. Claus Cookies - Very good. Comparable to Sugar Cookie on cold/hot throw. Some family members thought this was stronger than Sugar Cookie, others thought Sugar Cookie was stronger. Reminds me of Vanilla Bean Noel, not a buttery scent. (Another comparison test ... the jury is still out on this one.)

Butter Brickle - Nice scent. Could pass for a butter cookie. I was testing this for an almond note, but could not detect any almond in it. It did fill up my bedroom and down the hall in a short time.

Frangelica Streusel - Again, testing for almond note; none detected. IMHO, light cold & hot throw.

Italian Biscotti - Very nice scent. But, again, I could not detect any almond in it. Comparable to Butter Brickle, but I am really looking for a noticable almond-type cookie. (No almond winners here.)

Off to do more testing! :tiptoe:

• 1 month later...

I've got for fall and xmas:

Christmas Tree

Hard Candy Christmas

Sugar Plum Berries

Spiced Cranberry Relish

Snicker Doodles (I made from Sugar Cookies and Cinnamon blended)

Bayberry

Chocolate Brownies

Buttermint Candies

Pumpkin Pie Spice

Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter

Indian Summer

Home for the Holidays

and Cornucopia

I'm keeping the chocolate brownies for year round it smells so good!

I think I am going to mix me up some of my own..to try out this year

country pine with some peppermint

coutnry pine with some mac apple..and maybe some cinnamon

chocolate with some candy cane

Think I am going to play around with those this weekend.