Taking pictures

I believe the best way is either in a light box (easy to make yourself at home) with a couple flood lamps or going outside and using natural light. It helps to be able to touch the photos up with photo software, as well. :)

When I take indoor pictures I try to light my photo area rather than use flash. Indoors my flash pics results just aren't as good as when I use natural illumination or lighting.

Flash tends to brighten the foreground of the pic and darken the background. The flash effect also doesn't flatter my subjects.

I always leave the flash on, but find it best to take pictures either outdoors, or in a darker setting. Because I have a digital camera, I just play around and see what looks best, take a picture, if it has too much glare, I'll erase and try again in another place.

Thank you all for your input. Right now I use a photo cube but cant seem to get the blue's to come out right without being overexposed. I think I need to adjust how close the lights are

What type of lights are you using?

I use a 30wtt Daylight Trumpet Fluorescent Bulb in clamp-on reflectors. I get them from Wal-Mart and paid less than $10.00 per bulb. Here is some info about them http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/spiral.html

post-219-139458404208_thumb.jpg