'His Essence'

I found some on ebay. I saw those at Aroma Haven I'm thinking about trying them but think I will rename it I just wouldn't feel right putting Jesus's name on candles. Sounds kind of crazy I guess.

The Essence of Bethlehem is really a nice scent ... wasn't a strong thrower but then I only tried a 1 oz bottle but I will order more & try again sometime. I agree with changing the names...don't think I want to make money off that particular name.

I would be a lot more impressed with this candle company if they were donating part of their profits to their Church or to further the Gospel and advertised that. I could never use Jesus as a marketing tool. I do Christain Bible Verse candles, but I want to put Bible Verses in homes.

I blended the 3 FO's that go into that candle and it does smell good. Bought my FO's from Natures Garden. I call mine "Scent from Above".
I couldn't find cassia on the Nature's Garden site. Could you have gotten this somewhere else? TIA Janette

For those who are offended by the idea of this candle: If the same scent combination was offered with another name, would you still be bothered by this. For instance, if it were named "Psalm 45:8", would it still offend you? Just curious. Janette

People can, and do, rationalize their every thought and action to suit themselves....and as long as everything is left for interpretation I suppose it will remain so that they are left to "work out their own personal salvation with fear and trembling".......I could really get started on this thread if I let myself:lipsrseal

I personally would not feel comfortable making a candle with the name Jesus or God as the title of the candle. The feeling in my gut tells me this is not right..I would however find a relaxing combo of scents that would have frank/myrrh in them and market as a prayer candle with a bible verse.. for the reason that everytime it is lit someone will be reminded of WHAT that scent represents and not that they are just burning a candle. If you have a verse on it..it is sort of obvious what it represents..you dont have to label it that.

Agree with naming the candle with the verse. I think the name His Essence is a little bit of a overstatement. Should be more like The Robe or The Garment (depending on what version it's taken). Jesus may prefer a different scent for himself, than his threads.

Is it really any different then the companies selling the Virgin Mary and Jesus statues. Now I know that none of their profits go to the church.
I guess if you can make money from His image, just using His name isn't all that different.

Except it's a bit of a stretch to do that for a candle and fragrance oil that's based on what ancient Hebrews thought were fancy-pants fragrances. These psalms were inherited by the Christians but they are used in Judaism and Islam too. The Muslims call it the Zabur:

http://www.al-kitab.org/al-kitab/zabur/Zabur_45.htm

Writings of the holy prophets of Allah. ;)

? so if they are claiming it smells like Jesus..are they gonna throw some dirt and sweat in there as well..cause you know back then they did not bath as much as we do today..and I am sure from all the walking and dirt and such he did not smell just like frankinscense and other spices?

Just wondering.:wink2:

Has anyone here purchased a 'His Essence' candle, or made one? Are they really as good as I hear?

Boy, we really got off topic again, didn't we??:o

Guess none of us have tried this candle but if you purchase or dup it let us know what it's like.