Atkins and Pearce Wicks

I wish I could remember the name of the woman I talked to there ( it was many years ago ) but she could not have been any nicer or more helpful.

You can e-mail them braid@atkinsandpearce.com or call them, which is what I did. Initially tell them that you are interested in purchasing a small sample pack of different types of wicks in a certain range of sizes ( they did sell a sample pack but it was $50.00 and at the time I didn't want that many wicks. Toll free 1-800-837-7477 or direct ( not toll free )1-859-356-2001

Tell them the type of wax you are using, the size of the pillars or containers and have a list ready of the wicks that have NOT worked so far for you ( they may ask a brief explanation of how those wicks are not performing.

They sent me a very large assortment of what they thought might work on the 2" dia palm pillar. Then again when I was testing the palm container I called back for suggestions ( I was not just looking to get more free stuff ) and they sent me another large assortment of wicks. ( again for free, packed in a padded envelope and no shipping charges. )

When it comes to wicks these people know their business! The sample packs were not just different sizes of the same wick but different sizes of many wick types.

I have no idea if they still do this or not but I promise you that they can steer you in the right direction if nothing else. Unfortunately their min. order is huge, otherwise I would do all of my wick business through them.

Atkins & Pierce will send you any type of sample wicks you request. However, since March 1, 2006, they now charge $35.00 for samples. You can get up to 100 wicks for this cost. I use to get the sample wicks for free from them, but they had to start charging for them since the requests for samples got totally out of hand. HTH

Atkins & Pierce will send you any type of sample wicks you request. However, since March 1, 2006, they now charge $35.00 for samples. You can get up to 100 wicks for this cost. I use to get the sample wicks for free from them, but they had to start charging for them since the requests for samples got totally out of hand. HTH

As generous as they were with their samples it doesn't surprise me that they did start charging but a phone call or e-mail is still a great idea because they will send you something that you can actually use.

BCN from what I can see on their sample page only has the paper core...not cotton.

I checked Peaks out but shipping was outrageous...like $8.00 for a 1pd. package!

BCS I only saw these as sample packs Zinc Core Pack5 each of all 8 sizes (40 wicks total)HTP Coreless Pack

And they did not even list the cotton or paper core ones.

Northstar sells all the sizes...but no sample packs!

I had also looked on the site that Shelia suggested and they did not offer samples either...but I will email or call them now that Sheila suggested that I do that.

I am looking CandleCouture. I guess your on and on and on comment hit me a little wrong. I am new to this and have done alot of research on my own. I am doing my own testing and do not expect anyone to hand it to me on a silver platter.... but I thought that I could ask questions here! Maybe I took your comments wrong...but it sounded sarcastic to me.

I am doing this all for a hobby and do not plan on selling for a very long time...if ever!

Thanks Sheila and Kaybee for your input. I will contact braid@atkinsandpearce.com .

First, I don't think CC meant anything by what they said, it is just that Atkins & Pierce make a lot of different kinds of wicks, that many people carry sample packs of. So maybe lighten up just a bit, we understand, we were all new once too.

Atkins & Pierce manufacture the following types of wicks....

Cotton Core

Paper Core

Zinc Core

HTP

Performa

Ply

Aroma Light

Square Braid

Citronella

Lonestar carriers a sample pack of every wick they carry which includes some of these wicks. We gave you the best suggestions we had, by what you were asking. Sorry it wasn't what you were looking for.

I posted a previous thread and stated in that thread that I was looking for the cotton cored wicks. I should have reposted the cotton core part in this thread...Here is that thread:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26193

You guys did help me and I appreciate it. I have read alot on this board and I know from some threads I have read that when newbies ask alot of questions some comments have been made that they do not want to test and want everyone to tell them what to do , what they need, etc. I just wanted to make it clear that I was not like that. I love this board and have learned alot and hopefully I will be able to help someone in the future.

Thanks.

Let's just forget it! Life is too short! :cheesy2:

That is a good saying to go by. I use it a lot and for many different applications. Another one I like that my Grandmother said a lot ( she had a kazillion sayings that I wish I had written down) is " Don't sweat the small stuff" and "is it something that bothers you enough that you will remember it a year from now?"