Dog Soap - My newest concoction.

Darwin

Tea Tree and Peppermint EO are in all kinds of dog stuff.

Here are some of the sites I found before I made the soap:

http://www.botanicaldog.com/aromatherapy_for_dogs.php

http://www.jeanesholistics.com/ArtEOanimals.html

If you google there is lots of info out there.

THANKS for the info :wink2: I've read lavender, citronella, and euculytpus also. I just worry as you never know. In the past when researching things I've read contradicting info and that's the part I worry about :sad2: That's why I was hoping the vet would help.

The dog treats are a great idea. Another recipe that I've search and got info on and worry if the ingredients are ok for some types of dogs (didn't want to say all). There I go again on tangents, you have me thinking Darwin... never a good thing-LOL.... see the smoking coming from the screen :laugh2:

Those are really nice. What a clever idea to make it in the shape of a bone! I love your label!!!

As for a cat soap, you have to be really careful about the ingredients for cats. From what I have read they are more sensitive to certain things, especially essential oils. Many that were once thought to be safe are no longer consider so. There are alot of sites with old out dated info. There are even a few soap books that have pet soap recipes that contain ingredients that are questionable.

THANKS for the info :wink2: I've read lavender, citronella, and euculytpus also. I just worry as you never know. In the past when researching things I've read contradicting info and that's the part I worry about :sad2: That's why I was hoping the vet would help.

The dog treats are a great idea. Another recipe that I've search and got info on and worry if the ingredients are ok for some types of dogs (didn't want to say all). There I go again on tangents, you have me thinking Darwin... never a good thing-LOL.... see the smoking coming from the screen :laugh2:

Ever since my Rottie was a pup i've sprayed him with Euculyptus oil diluted into a spray bottle of water. Euculyptus is fantastic to kill and prevent fleas. He's 10 in August and never had fleas. Works a treat. :D Also i do the same with citronella and spray behind our wall unit where my daughters cat decided to make herself a new litter box. Needless to say she uses her real litter box now and the citronella worked wonders. I was nearly going to make up a citronella powder to sprinkle over the carpet like a carpet deodoriser to be vacuumed up later, but the cat didn't play up anymore so never got around to making it. But might be another idea for people who are making pet products.

But if people are using citronella etc. near aquariums it's best to cover the tanks.

• 2 years later...

Mystical Angel, thank you for the welcome :)

No, I don't do CP, I am so fascinated with MP, I am not sure I want to do anything else. It is just so multifaceted, and has a potential to be as complex as you want it to be. :yay:

But I am still holding on to the idea of making a dog soap.