What size wick for a 2"x2" square.

Hey Candle Heads,

I am making these cute little cubes. 2"x2". I tried the HTP 31's and they do ok. But it kinda blows out a quater of the way down.But wondering if I should just use a votive wick?

Unless they make size betweem a voitve wick and a HTP31?

Any suggestions?

And I am now taking the advice of one of you guys on how to NOT get wax on my clothes. I am now known as "The Naked Candle Maker!"!

I find the extra ventilation rather refreshing. LOL!

JMT

And I am now taking the advice of one of you guys on how to NOT get wax on my clothes. I am now known as "The Naked Candle Maker!"!

I find the extra ventilation rather refreshing. LOL!

JMT

If I had been in the 'buff' the other night my hubby would have been calling 911 for sure and for certain...was trying to do a layered candleand had the layers going from one side to another...the candle decided to fall...1 1/2 lbs of palm wax all over me and the floor...they are now designated 'candle clothes'

If I had been in the 'buff' the other night my hubby would have been calling 911 for sure and for certain...was trying to do a layered candleand had the layers going from one side to another...the candle decided to fall...1 1/2 lbs of palm wax all over me and the floor...they are now designated 'candle clothes'

My DD bought me a couple of brand new outfits for Mothers Day last year and I was wearing my favorite one ( usually I wear my rattiest clothes to pour) for some reason when I picked up the mold full of hot wax it slipped and I was juggling it to catch it and of course my clothes caught the most of it. I used the hot iron and towel method to get the most of it out and then washed it a few times. You can't see it anymore but the good thing was that the 200 degree wax managed to not burn me anywhere. Palm isn't as hard to get out as paraffin. But it is generally poured hotter so you gotta be careful. ( my mold of wax was 3x6.5 )

I was having the same problem wicking a 3x3 square but part of that was because although they are 3x3 side to side, they're almost 3.5" from corner to corner.

I tried double wicking with 2 CD10's but that was a little much, so I'll be wicking down to a couple of CD8's and see if that helps.

But the point I'm trying to make is to try wicking for your corner to corner measurement, and not the side to side one.