Any Problems with Aroma Beads being in a Hot Car during summer months

My aroma beads are in an organza bag in New Orleans with 95* so a locked up car in direct sun would get around 160*+ and mine fused into one large lump; but no outside the bag melting. Still smells good tho and I made this about 3 months ago.

Hi New OrleansLady,

How are you doing down there ???

Are things coming together after the terrrible Hurricane Season.

I have offtend wondered about everyone down there.

We don't get anymore information on the news up here.

Thanks for letting me know about the Aromas.

Our vehicle doesn't set outside all day in a parking lot.

And I believe the melt pt. on the beads was 200 Well I know the flashpt. is 200.

Have a great day :wave:

Brooke

When I started making ornies I was in Texas and never had a problem with them melting at all. The color did seem to fade, but they didn't melt and I think they lasted as long as in the cooler months. I am in Idaho now and no problems now either.

• 2 weeks later...

This came up last year when I first started making them. So was waiting to see. Well here in Sunny Florida. I have never had them melt, break etc... nor has anyone else reported any problems to me. I love making them. Some soaking now. Have to order more beads immed!

I've had one in my car for about 3 wks -- temps are hitting around 110 w/inside car temp in the 150-160 range and there hasn't been any problem with melting or warping. It does get very warm to the touch and the throw has dimenished a little.

In the sun, mine have started to get soft and stick together. When they cool back down, you can roll them between your fingers to break them apart again.

A co-worker of mine was testing a sachet for me of a scent that I don't particularly like. She left it on her dash board one day (all day) and it turned into a solid mass of goo and seeped out of the organza bag.

I think that if you leave them in the car either hanging somewhere like the rearview mirror or in the shade, you should be fine.

In the sun, mine have started to get soft and stick together. When they cool back down, you can roll them between your fingers to break them apart again.

A co-worker of mine was testing a sachet for me of a scent that I don't particularly like. She left it on her dash board one day (all day) and it turned into a solid mass of goo and seeped out of the organza bag.

I think that if you leave them in the car either hanging somewhere like the rearview mirror or in the shade, you should be fine.

No matter how many times I tell people, and I have the warnings right on the package, I have had two people put it on something. One put it in the cupholder of their car and was surprised when it started to eat through the plastic and the other person put it on a beautiful piece of furniture!

• 16 years later...

I purchased two of these from a person in marionville Missouri I live in Bennett springs and both of them melted one in the front dash of my car and one in the rear dash I have tried various methods of removing them to no avail it has caused irreparable damage both to my dash and rear window area I was not warned of this in advance and the person who sold them to me is not responding to my texts just an FYI you need to tell people they will melt!! And it's virtually impossible to get them out of the car maybe you should remarket them as a product that will mail to plastics and not be removable

• Shocked 1