RRD Wicks

Is anyone particularly fond of these wicks? They seem to burn well as far as dancing and smoking, but since they're not self trimming, the wick starts leaning which causes one side of the candle to have a thinner shell than the other. Im thinking I dont like these wicks and probably wont use them anymore, unless someone has suggestions for me on how to keep it from leaning to one side. Maybe I should keep it trimmed even during the test burning but how many consumers out there blow out their candle, trim the wick and re-light it? Im trying to do things during testing that I think consumers will do, so that I can properly wick it to be safe. I did prime the wick but I just used the same wax (astorlite F) that I used to make the candle. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...
Someone mentioned to me that RRD wicks are directional and that there is a right side up to them. I'm not sure if this is correct info though.

Need some help here, please, TOP are you out there??? Can't find that this was ever answered. I am testing Palm Pillars and ordered a spool of RRD29. Is there a wrongend and a rightend?? How can you tell?? TIA, Carole

Need some help here, please, TOP are you out there??? Can't find that this was ever answered. I am testing Palm Pillars and ordered a spool of RRD29. Is there a wrongend and a rightend?? How can you tell?? TIA, Carole
There is a right way up according to Wicks Unlimited, but unfortunately I have no idea how you can tell. The few I've played with were wick assemblies so hopefully somebody already did it right. Maybe you can ask the supplier.

Thanks guys! HenryK, I think I can see a V on my unwaxed spool. Which way would the V go, point toward fire or away from it? I did a test with a wick assy. Cut off top half and put both in half burned tin with top part going different directions. Could see no dif in burn. I'll contact CandleWic. Thks