PLEASE! Can you help me with my tart recipe?

Hi everyone....I've been thinking. Am I doing this tart thing right? I just got a recipe off a website. They smell good but am I really making the highest quality product I can? Would you please help me? I am new to the candle-making thing and I would like to move on to container candles but I want to make sure I perfect my tarts first.

Here is my method:

1) Put 1/2 pound low-melt point (132) paraffin wax (or 50/50 pillar/votive blend wax) in my melting pot.

2) Completely melt wax using double boiler method

3) Add color block shavings

4) Add 1/2 ounce high quality fragrance (I have Candlewic and Just Scent)

5) Mix well

6) Pour into tart molds

7) When wax sets up, put molds in freezer.

8) Take mold out of freezer and pop out the tarts.

Any suggestions? If anyone knows exact temperatures that I should be melting to, adding fragrance and pouring, I'd love to know.

Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Your recipe seems ok, but the only way to truly know is to make a few & try them. If you are satisfied, then give a couple to friends or family & ask their honest opinion. The only thing I don't do is pop mine in the freezer, mine pop out of the molds without it.

There are so many variables when making even the simpliest of candles. The wax, the fragrance, just a whole lots of things. That's why there is no easy 'no fail' recipe for making them. Jump in & try--if you are not satisfied, then try a different fragrance or a different wax.

Pam R

I agree with Pam...each person here has their own different 'recipe' for making tarts aswell asmaking jars.etc..you have to go with what fits you...try out a few tarts in one type on a few friends...then perhaps purchase a small amt of another kind of wax and try again...

I use 6228 wax, which is a 145 melt point wax, add FO at 180, and pour at 175, into a mold I warm slightly with a heat gun. When they cool, the tarts just fall out of the mold. I used to have a little problem with surface marks before I started warming the mold, and the heat gun fixed that right now.

Your formula sounds right.