Favorite Soy Wax & Suppliers

What is your favorite soy wax and who is the supplier? Why is it your favorite? What are the benefits of the wax you use or like?

Please post website addresses for your favorite supplier. Looking for to test several different suppliers and brands of soy wax. Prefer 100% soy or one with all natural additives.

TIA

Chauna

I have 2 favs-- EcoSoya CB Advanced from CandleScience.com(fantastic customer service, fantastic FO's, and they're the closest to me)--it has always been very consistent for me. Does not throw well for everyone and can develope wet spots.

GB 464 from SoyCandle.com(best price and closest to me, Melissa is great)-- awesome hot and cold throw, but has a tendency to frost. can definately wick down a size.

HTH

I have 2 favs-- EcoSoya CB Advanced from CandleScience.com(fantastic customer service, fantastic FO's, and they're the closest to me)--it has always been very consistent for me. Does not throw well for everyone and can develope wet spots.

GB 464 from SoyCandle.com(best price and closest to me, Melissa is great)-- awesome hot and cold throw, but has a tendency to frost. can definately wick down a size.

HTH

I agree with Sheri! I've tried both of these waxes, too. With EcoSoya I got wet spots but I ran into frosting as well.

GB 464 is my favorite. I've been getting incredible adhesion, smooth tops, and great throw. I haven't tried coloring, yet. I get mine from SoyCandle.com. Their 50lbs. bags are $ 10.00 cheaper than most other suppliers and I usually recieve it in a couple of days which is better than 5 days with the EcoSoya supplier. HTH

Yes! Just about everytime. Like I am singled out or something.

I don't mean to be rude, but I've looked at the threads you've started and most of them are pretty much "Hey, here's a candle component. Tell me which one to use, where to get it, and how to make it perfect."

While curiousity is a wonderful and inspiring part of learning new things, so is making a jump into the unknown and testing at least a few things for yourself without a team of sherpas to help guide you up the foot of the mountain. Let the candle muse guide you through a few ventures and tell us about how that went, too.

For your information I have tested but would like opinions on other waxes to see what worked for other people. Same with FO & wicks. Nothing wrong with finding out what works for other people so I know what to buy or try testing.

What is your favorite soy wax and who is the supplier? Why is it your favorite? What are the benefits of the wax you use or like?

Please post website addresses for your favorite supplier. Looking for to test several different suppliers and brands of soy wax. Prefer 100% soy or one with all natural additives.

TIA

Chauna

I like ecosoya cb ad pb, I get the cb from peaks and candle science, and pb from peaks.

For your information I have tested but would like opinions on other waxes to see what worked for other people. Same with FO & wicks. Nothing wrong with finding out what works for other people so I know what to buy or try testing.

If you are curious about other waxes and products maybe you could word your posts differently to get better responses. If you would start out with some of what you have tried and what you like, others would know you are doing your own research too.

Just about everyone is in the dark when we start out making candles (no pun intended - hehe). And most everyone has a ton of products they have bought that they don't end up liking or using. It is just part of candle making. The only way to progress at this is to jump in and start testing. Many of the wax manufacturers will send you free wax and wicks to try, so you don't even have to buy that much to get going. (I wish I knew this when I first started!!!)

Plus, if you would like to find out more info on wax preferences, I did a board search for the words "favorite soy" and I came up with 4 pages of people talking about what they like about their waxes. This topic has been discussed many times.

HTH:)

i personally use Cargil c-3 from www.lonestarcandlesupply.com, love it $49.95 per 50lb box, they are near me delivery usually 2 business days after order, good shipping price, but most important has awesome hot & cold throw no matter what scent i try. i have tried SS Soy from southern sensations, didn't like it, had to let it cure to get scent & even then wasn't keen on the scent so i had to buy to mix w/it to get a better scent throw. haven't tried any others but why if you like what you have & it's reasonable priced. very happy customer of lonestar get all supplies (that i can) from them. NEVER disappointed. :yay: