Ball Jars at Wal-mart! Thought I would share!

Just in case some did not know. I was at the all-mighty Wal-mart yesterday and saw them setting the planogram for a new isle. The isle was for canning goods, including the Ball jars I know some of the container people use! They seemed cheap (I wouldn't really know, I do pillars) from I about $7- $9 for a dozen. All kinds of various sizes and shapes. I asked and the sales lady and she said it is a seasonal thing. So if that is cheap for you and would save on shipping, go to Wally World and stock up!

You know, when ppl write Wally World, I thought it was something else, like a Hobby Lobby. Didn't know it was a pet name for Walmart like Mickey D's for McDonalds. I love learning new stuff. Of course, now I just feel silly. :embarasse ;)

Has anybody ever tried to have walmart order canning jars in the off season? I would guess they are available all year long but they only stock them during garden season. Ive considerd asking them but havent gotten around to it yet.:embarasse

Has anybody ever tried to have walmart order canning jars in the off season? I would guess they are available all year long but they only stock them during garden season. Ive considerd asking them but havent gotten around to it yet.:embarasse

Wal-Mart just ordered 2000 jars for me and is giving me some for free... (BTW, that is 176 cases) I am getting mine for 5.44 a box and they do go out of season...matter of fact, I caught it just in time the CSM over housewares told me. However, out of season does not mean none in the store because I get mine year round there but they only have a few cases on the shelves in off season.

Wal-mart can order them for you year round. My hubby is a manager and orders mine whenever I need them. You just have to get in touch with a manager that knows what they are doing. If the store sells enough they can even have them in their store year round if they wish. It does however take about 2 weeks to come in because it is not a warehouse item.

Brandi H

I LOVE walmart for jars lol. Part of the reason that I decided to do all of my candles in mason or ball canning jars is because of their availability all year long. Well, that and IMO they are as country as you can get :P Plus, my mom picks up a dozen jars for me every time she goes out there lol, and that's never less than once a week..often more than that. I'd be lost without Walmart seriously!!

I will have to talk to the Manager of our Super Wal-mart. I use Pint mason Jars and I've already bought out our local Biglot of their supply. They won't get any in until May. I dreaded Ordering them in from out of state!

I pray I can get them thru walmart.:shocked2: I have a wholesale account that I'd like to accept but only if I don't have to ship in jars!:rolleyes2

I will have to talk to the Manager of our Super Wal-mart. I use Pint mason Jars and I've already bought out our local Biglot of their supply. They won't get any in until May. I dreaded Ordering them in from out of state!

I pray I can get them thru walmart.:shocked2: I have a wholesale account that I'd like to accept but only if I don't have to ship in jars!:rolleyes2

Hey I am glad this thread offered some help to ya! Hope you can get them and that account! GL !!!

In the Wally World I go to they always have the jars there year round and funny thng is they have like 10 cases at a time when i go in. I think like 12 come in a case for about 7-9 bucks. I think they were 9 oz or 12 oz. Cannot remember. Oh and also for the north jersey peeps they opened a big lots in clifton on rt. 46!:shocked2:

I tried for 2 months to get 100 cases of 1/2 pints wide mouths from my local Walmart. The order was canceled several times by different managers or the buyers for the region since it was a off season item to them. This was even after the housewares manager kept putting on the order it was a special order...She then told me to go the Walmart in another local town as it was the distributing store in the area and the biggest. So off I went to that store and placed the order in early September, which then was canceled by the managers, buyers, etc. Finally the cases came in on Dec. 18..after all my major shows had passed. I was desperate for them before that date. :rolleyes2 I wouldn't depend on Walmart order jars in for you, unless you have another source and can wait for them. I got square mason jars out of state and for much cheaper.

My local Wally World won't give me the time of day! But according the post above, I need to speak with the Housewares manager! I'll talk with her tomorrow and she if she can order them for me in October because I will have the money to buy 100 case of Golden Harvest Jars then.

Our walmart doesn't stock up on these real well. They had a total of twenty cases of pint reg. mouth jars and I bought them in the spring. They never got anymore in!:shocked2:

The Ball jars are more costly but at this point I'll take either.

Golden Harvest is $5.49 a case and Ball jars are $7.12 per case.

Nobody today knew anything and they were rude and couldn't be bothered!:mad:

But I haven't talked to the right manager so keep your fingers crossed.:wink2:

I tried for 2 months to get 100 cases of 1/2 pints wide mouths from my local Walmart. The order was canceled several times by different managers or the buyers for the region since it was a off season item to them. This was even after the housewares manager kept putting on the order it was a special order...She then told me to go the Walmart in another local town as it was the distributing store in the area and the biggest. So off I went to that store and placed the order in early September, which then was canceled by the managers, buyers, etc. Finally the cases came in on Dec. 18..after all my major shows had passed. I was desperate for them before that date. :rolleyes2 I wouldn't depend on Walmart order jars in for you, unless you have another source and can wait for them. I got square mason jars out of state and for much cheaper.

Well, I see Walmart is just as screwy in other states! :shocked2:

I placed several large orders with Walmart for the infamous 97 cent Square Victorian Apothecary. Needless to say, the communication sucked! They never called me when any order came and if I called them they were clueless about a delivery date. I did go there the last and FINAL time I let them piss me off and bought the 100 they put out and the checkout person WAS not so happy. They overpromise and under deliver. I don't have time to play the waiting game with these people. I needed these jars for out of state wholesale orders and they needed to be IN THE CASE for shipping. I spoke to many a Walmart manager and they all are just plain unorganized. I will never ever in my life rely on Walmart for a single thing in bulk.

I purchase my 4oz jars from Walmart all the time. I just got some last week (they only had four cases left) and I am hoping when I go back again next week they will have more! I use the straight sided 8oz, so wally world doesn't help me there. I think I pay $6.63 for a dozen of the 4oz.:)

Hi :) There are "Save .55 on (1) case Ball or Kerr Home Canning Jars, (1) pkg lids or (1) pkg bands with lids" coupons out but you would have to trade for them quick because they exp. 8/31/05. Wal-Mart and Dollar General both take mfg. coupons, Big Lots does not.

Hope that helps somebody! I'm really, really new to all of this but I figured for those who are buying 100 cases or more, that's $55+ still in your pocket when you get to the cash register!

If you have paypal, you should be able to trade for these on any of the numerous coupon trading sites or coupon clipping services on the web :)

HTH,

Teresa