Candlechem on ebay

I'm a bit leary about buying candle stuff from ebay.

I have a friend who really likes the Asian Sandlewood I bought from Peaks. When we went to pu an order of mine, she bought a 32 oz bottle with the intention of pouring it into smaller bottles & selling on ebay. She doesn't know anything about candle-making, doesn't want to hear anything about candle-making, & I have to wonder, what the hell is she doing selling a product she doesn't understand? :eek: What if she were to sell it to someone who isn't making candles but wants to use it for ... god-only-knows-what? Would an FO be usable for other applications? I don't know. So, she makes me suspicious of other ppl selling stuff that is very use-specific. Yeah, I've tried to tell her she's wrong to sell it, but she's got it in her head this is a viable way to make some money :rolleyes2 & won't listen to me. :mad: She's not being a very good friend right now. :angry2:

I think this is a strong case for reading buyer's comments about any given seller.

Candlechem is a very high rated seller on Ebay. :smiley2:

I have never purchased any FO from him. However, I will tell you his candlemaking equipment is not of cheap quality. He is a very fast shipper and answers emails quickly. You can probably find scent reviews from Candlechem on the TSR Board.

www.thescentreview.com

I have never purchased any FO from him. However, I will tell you his candlemaking equipment is not of cheap quality. He is a very fast shipper and answers emails quickly. You can probably find scent reviews from Candlechem on the TSR Board.

www.thescentreview.com

As Mystical noted, he is a VERY reputable seller with a website, not some John Doe selling FO on Ebay. His customer service is top notch, as are his molds. I was pleased with most of the FO's I bought over the years.

e

I also think very highly of Candlechem..

His customer service is great and his scents are good.

I only ever got 1 scent from him that I didn't like.

He works with you too. I had a problem and he helped me out.

Not to mention his awesome prices.

His prices are much better on ebay than on his site...:)

I have never purchased any FO from him. However, I will tell you his candlemaking equipment is not of cheap quality. He is a very fast shipper and answers emails quickly.

Ditto! Candlechem has been around a long time and has always had a high rating.

I've never ordered fragrances from them, but they have some of the best prices for things like 4 lb pouring pots, large quantities of votive molds, stearic acid, etc. I get my orders so fast that I feel like they must live next door. I highly recommend them.

DanaE

I've ordered from CandleChem a few times and was very pleased. I must admit, however, I'm relieved to see this thread and that others rate it so high. I've never head it mentioned before and thought maybe I had just gotten lucky before!!

Tried them bx of the great review someone posted here.

Ordered yesterday, and have confirmation from UPS that delivery is due today!!! I live in New England, so very close, but its nice to see that they packaged and shipped the same day they got my payment....:laugh2:

Will post with reviews of the scents too

Renee

I am trying Fall scents.

I got Cranberry woodland spice

Harvest Spice

Home Sweet Home

Maple Pecan

Apple strudel

Cinnamon Bun

So far, these scents smell great oob. I am a little concerned bx they dont seem as strong as I would of hoped. I will see. I guess you can never tell how a scent is going to throw when its hot. I am waiting, not so paitently, to burn these. I use Snowtop 100% Soy, and they reccommend 48hr cure time.

Its the easiest wax I have used so far.

I will keep everyone posted!!! Hope with good results!!:cheesy2:

I too have purchased from candlechem when I first started ab 6 months ago. Have not tried his FO but I may have to. I actually bought my first FO's from Gemlite and was pretty happy with three out of six. Their French Vanilla was VERY strong! I haven't tried all my FO samples from Peak's yet, but three out of four I tried I like alot.