Sample Ornies

hawaiiansun

I was bored so pulled out some astor F to try after spending hours reading Henry's threads ( thank you Henry)

This is a 3X4 octogon mandarin plum and wicked with LX24

I put it out after 5.5 hours to trim wick

I'm gonna test it all the way. Ah awesome throw

wups forgot the pic :(

This is a 3X4 octogon mandarin plum and wicked with LX24

I put it out after 5.5 hours to trim wick

That looks nice. Just wondering...I have no experience with Astorlite F, but wouldn't you normally want a 3 inch piller to melt out that far after more like 3 or 4 hours rather than 5.5?

here it is lol :)

I think it's a perfect burn, of course, I like shells around my pillars. Some people have the wax running all down the side of their candles (that I DON'T like), but that's just me.

Pillar looks great!!!

That looks nice. Just wondering...I have no experience with Astorlite F, but wouldn't you normally want a 3 inch piller to melt out that far after more like 3 or 4 hours rather than 5.5?

For the Astor waxes that is a perfect burn! After about a YEAR of testing those waxes off and on, I think I finally got it down also. The bad thing is every wax, the F, PQ, G, ~ ALL of them take a different wick size for a good burn!! lol Makes no sense, but as along as I look at my notes I'm good. lol

I really like that heart pan, and I know that those are "sample" ornies, but they look kind of wierd to me in the second pic. they are all raggedy I thought they should be smooth on both sides-I've seen your other ones and I thought that they were. :confused:

I really like that heart pan, and I know that those are "sample" ornies, but they look kind of wierd to me in the second pic. they are all raggedy I thought they should be smooth on both sides-I've seen your other ones and I thought that they were. :confused:

lmaoo here we go again yes they are samples and were trimmed after pic. Oh don't worry people have called them dangerous and sloppy, but I prefer ugly lol

:grin2:

Palm wax is very brittle, can't be hugedd at all. If the wall gets too thin, the wax will break through and you will have a waterfall. Thus, the ideal rim size has to be adjusted to account for these factors.

e