? about JS caramel cinnamon latte

jolsen1973

I was just wondering if this scent mellows a bit once it is in wax. I LOVE JS oils, but for some reason I just about gagged on this one when I poured it in a clamshell. I usually add 1.5 oz pp in KY para-soy tart/votive blend, so maybe I just need to ease up on the fo load. Any suggestions would be helpful! I've heard so many rave reviews on this, I just can't understand why I don't like it. I normally love coffee scents!

I loved this scent OOB but hated it when I poured and tested in a tart. I love coffee scents too but hate some. Don't know what the difference is but I also hate Hazelnut Coffee from Peaks. I think it must be a nut thing cause there are some fall baked scents with that funky smell in it. I can usually smell it on first smell OOB but this one got past.

I loved this scent OOB but hated it when I poured and tested in a tart. I love coffee scents too but hate some. Don't know what the difference is but I also hate Hazelnut Coffee from Peaks. I think it must be a nut thing cause there are some fall baked scents with that funky smell in it. I can usually smell it on first smell OOB but this one got past.

I thought of you Sharon as soon as I saw this thread. I have one of these tarts that Sharon made and am thinking if you back off on the FO%, some of that funky smell may go away. I'm gonna give it a shot and try to remember to post results.

• 2 weeks later...

I eased up on the fo load to 1oz pp and tweaked it a bit with .8 oz of the caramel cinnamon latte and .2oz of a buttery vanilla. That really mellowed out the scent and I am actually enjoying the cold and hot throw now! Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

What I did wa tweak it slightly. Seemed the coffee was a bit too edgy so I smoothed it oout with a 1/4oz in a whole poud of F/O of my special idea and it took the edge off. The customers LOVE it and I can't keep it in stock in the clamshells. They fly!:drool: