Jar Candle

OK I'm caught up in it. What's the red you're decorating with? Satin or something else? I was trying to figure out what it was how it related to the candle other than to provide color. If it's rose, well I didn't get a rose petal feel and maybe that's not what you were intending. Not trying to be a jerk about it, just I got to paying more attention to what the other red was than anything else in the picture.

OK I'm caught up in it. What's the red you're decorating with? Satin or something else? I was trying to figure out what it was how it related to the candle other than to provide color. If it's rose, well I didn't get a rose petal feel and maybe that's not what you were intending. Not trying to be a jerk about it, just I got to paying more attention to what the other red was than anything else in the picture.

Hey Scented. The red (stuff :) ) is those silk rose petals. I just figured it needed some color. ;)

I really like the back ground but I agree with Scented on the rose petals. You don't want to take away from the product.

Nice work!!!!

Thanks...I am awful when it comes to pictures and thought some petals might give it a little color. When I get home I will try a picture with just the candle. I didn't know if it would be too plain. Thanks again guys. :wink2:

Gorgeous candle first of all, what a nice vivid red that is! I get what you were going for with the added rose petals, but I think, if you want to keep them that you'd need to get a different angle on the candle so it becomes the focus and not the petals, my eyes are drawn to the petals in front of the candle and not the product.

Just, in my opinion, the petals aren't really needed because your background has some nice texture to contrast with the smooth shiny look of your candle.

My opinion is to remove the background completely and crop the photo so the only thing you have is the candle. Many professionally done websites use their pictures in this format and it looks marvelous.

You want your potential customer to focus on your product.

Clean and crisp. :wink2: Nothing distracting the eye.

I use a photo editor to crop my pics and also remove the whole background - I feel it just focuses right on the product. I did originally have all my pics taken on a tree stump with leaves and stuff in the background, but upon market research, so many people said "ooh, that wood looks nice!", and "thats a really pretty background" BEFORE they said anything about the candles...I want the candle to be the main focus and it's setting to be last...

Here's how my pics come out:

LARGE-600pixels.jpg

MEDIUM-600pixels.jpg