Pink Sugar~Help Needed

Hi Everyone!

I have a repeat order for Pink Sugar, which I bought last year from Peak, and loved...however, it was very hard to mix w/ my wax, and separated out in dropletts of FO that you could see later in the jars! Therefore, I am not wanted to use this oil agian, as I feel the dropletts I can see could be a hazard.

I have heard good things about ICS's version, but want to know before i order a sample, how it compares scent-wise to Peak's version? The girl who wants it absolutely loves the version from Peak, so I want something close but that incorporates better in the wax??

Thanks for the help...!:cheesy2:

Just my experience -- Pink Sugar has a lot of vanillin in it typically, and vanilla fo's just have problems with "leaking" out in droplets over time in some waxes. It's a vanilla thing. You might try incorporating your fo at a hotter temp, warm the fo before incorporating, and use a wire whisk to gently but firmly stir in the fo -- the whisk helps break the oil into tinier droplets to help it blend better. Then try not to let your candles get exposed to temperature extremes if possible. And use 'em while they're fresh! LOL Personally, I don't think you'll see much difference if you switch suppliers on this fo -- but that's just my guess.

HTH

Thanks AJ, it's been awhile since we've poured this oil, so, I am willing to try anything...I don't have any left of the Peak's and frankly, I pay so much for shipping from them and end up waiting like a week for my order, I love what they have, but have been trying to stick to suppliers a bit closer to me...

Scented, I do love a lot of ICS's oils, we are using some of them, with a lot of success, and I just ordered a 6 pack of her 4 oz-ers (of course!), so I was hoping I wouldn't have to make a whole order to test this scent- I just heard about this re-order, and have to follow up on it, have to please the customers!!

Thanks for the advice, guys!!:highfive:

Just my experience -- Pink Sugar has a lot of vanillin in it typically, and vanilla fo's just have problems with "leaking" out in droplets over time in some waxes. It's a vanilla thing. You might try incorporating your fo at a hotter temp, warm the fo before incorporating, and use a wire whisk to gently but firmly stir in the fo -- the whisk helps break the oil into tinier droplets to help it blend better. Then try not to let your candles get exposed to temperature extremes if possible. And use 'em while they're fresh! LOL Personally, I don't think you'll see much difference if you switch suppliers on this fo -- but that's just my guess.

HTH

I noticed the same thing on some of my jars that I had sitting around for a while and thought it looked like rust droplets. I was in the store the other day and as usual had to check out the candles. I was surprised to see the same thing in some of their jars.

Sheila, that's exactly what I am talking about! Do you think this is a fire hazard?

Well, it's too darn ugly to sell but I burned one and didn't see any difference in the burn. No flame flare up or wick drowning ( which surprised me ) I did wipe the top of the candle off before lighting it though just in case.

When I add these types of fo's I make sure the wax is hot, stir well and even hit the wax with the heat gun while it's in the pour pot to make sure the fo is fully incorporated so I don't know why this happened on some but not all of the jar candles I had stored. It does get hot in my workroom in the summer so that could be it but it sure looks gross doesn't it.

Just wondering but could that mean you used to much FO for the wax to hold? I would think if it leaked out that means it could not hold that much of that particular one. I had that problem with Spiked Egg Nog and reduced it to 1oz rather than 1.5 and did not have the problem anymore. I have been afraid to burn it after it sat for a year with all that floating on the sides of the candle. hmmm..maybe I will put it outside on the cement sidewalk to let it burn ..lol

I just ordered this scent from peaks so I am gonna give a reduced amount a try when I pour and see what happens.

Rachel, You could have a point there, I remember when we poured Spiced Eggnog from BCN, we ended up w/ a similar problem...I will have to keep it in mind when I test the PS again, I'm glad you brought that up...I hope I can get it to work...aslo saw this in Mocha Cream from C&S...I don't carry those fragrances anymore, but of course, someone wants the PS!:rolleyes2

OK, after reading another thread about cotton candy, I need to ask you all that've used ICS's version, is cotton candy a predominant note in the ICS version like in the Peak's version?

Thanks!!!

Both versions smell almost identical to me. :)

OK, after reading another thread about cotton candy, I need to ask you all that've used ICS's version, is cotton candy a predominant note in the ICS version like in the Peak's version?

Thanks!!!

I have only used ICS and NG's Pink Sugar, but I would say yes Cotton Candy is the first note you get, but to me, they are much more than that. I smell a good deal of musk also. When I get friends to smell it blind, they say sweet musk, rather than Cotton Candy. If I tell them the name first, then they smell the Cotton Candy more predominately. Power of suggestion I guess.

Janette

PS-Both throw like crazy!!!