I can't believe this...

Last night my new neighbor & customer told me that he wanted to give me a candle that lost it's wick. Well, I thought that it was annother $0.79er that he got from around the corner from our house.. He go in and comes out with the big 22ozer. And I knew he didn't get it from around the corner. I asked him were he got it from he said his mom gave it to him.. I was checking it out there's no sign of a wick and that it was tunneling to the one side. I couldn't get over it, it's a really nice candle. Great color and great cold smell. It comes from a big company out in AZ. But I never heard of them and did a search for them online and came across a few places that sell them.. After seeing this it makes me feel good about the ones I make and sell..

100_0512.jpg

100_0511.jpg

Well, I melt it down right after I posted. I did find part of the wick about half way down. So I'm not to sure as to what happened there. I do know that if it was burning good and down the road the wick would have started to float. I'm not sure what they use to stick the tab to the jar but it fell right out...

Anyone else think that was a air pocket that caused it? Did he know what happened when he was burning it? did the flame get up high for a while, or maybe the air pocket caused the wick to just fall right into the wax never to be seen from again. Tell him that's what he get's for not buying hand poured candles. lol

Karen B

I just talked to him a few mins ago.. He has had this candle for awhile and don't remember.

I just gets me that big companies make their candles like this..I have been making my candles for little over a year now and people that know me that I am very PICKY when it comes to making things and I make alot more then candles. And I'm sure alot of us here feel that way. I myself could NEVER sell anything like this, but the big guys do.

Karen B: His mother bought this candle for him. And I don't think that he will be buying a candle from a store again.. I have him hocked.

Jeanna

Was there no wick tab? Years ago I heard of some candle companies just sticking 1/2 a wick in their candles! Talk about a rip off!! We are just so picky about our wicks, & these big guys are selling pure junk!

Pam R

It's funny you say that b/c the other day, my mom pulled out a Yankee that my dad got her for X-mas that she never burned yet. The wick was about 1/16 of an inch long. She had to carve out some of the wax around it so the wick wouldn't drown. Those darn assembly line candles. Talk about NO TLC when making candles.:laugh2:

Was there no wick tab? Years ago I heard of some candle companies just sticking 1/2 a wick in their candles! Talk about a rip off!! We are just so picky about our wicks, & these big guys are selling pure junk!

Pam R

There was a wick tab but a small one... I know the ones I use are a 20mm, this one about half that..

To hell with the testing folks!!! Let's sell, sell, sell!

I am booking shows as we speak....at least if my candle burned like that, I wouldn't get all the soot I am getting when my jars are down to an inch or so of wax....because it would never get that far!!!!:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: