Pumpkin Scent Throw

I am getting frustrated. :sad2::cry2: I don't know if it is my nose, fragrance oil, wax, or combination of wax with the oil. I have tried six different Pumpkin scents at 9% and I cannot get a good throw. The soy wax I have been using gives me a great throw with most scents. However, there are a few that do not do well other than the Pumpkin scents. I even tried Peak's in my paraffin that usually throws just about everything and still did not get a great throw. Maybe it is my nose. I may have a little bit of candlenose right now, but I can smell some other candles. Does anyone else have this problem with the Pumpkin scents? I may have to retest the other ones (ones that I did not test yet in my paraffin) in my paraffin to see if I can find one to throw. I would like to have a nice pumpkin scent by fall to use in the cute pumpkin jars. I would also like to find one that throws well in my soy (Calsoy CB-3). I did get the Sweet Potato Pie (Nature's Garden) to throw well in the soy. So, if I can't find an actual pumpkin scent to throw I will have to use the Sweet Potato Pie in my pumpkin jars -- don't want to use the paraffin in there.

Any other suggestions where to find a STRONG pumpkin. I will try to cure them longer, but I get the feeling it won't help. I may hand them over to a friend and see if she can smell them.

So far I have tried:

Peaks

Southern Scentsations

Just Scent

Bubbles' N Lights

The Scented Bean (have not tested this one yet)

Thanks!

~Holly

Im so sorry :)

I know how frustrating it can be! If it helps, I personally think that Scented Bean's FOs work exceptionally well in soy.

Another that I like is the Spiced Pumpkin Souflee from Scent Works. EXCELLENT throw hot and cold in soy.

I HTH

Thank you Indescent. :smiley2:

I have the Scented Bean Pumpkin curing right now. Maybe that one will be it. I hope. If not, I will give the Scent Works one a try. Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement. :smiley2:

NP!

I know how frustrating it can be! I think you will be pleased! The Heavenly Cinnamon Buns are RIDICULOUSLY good. I tested it immediately after it set up and the throw was ridiculous. Too bad my wick sucked!

But I digress.....

Never purchased anything from the scented bean, but that cinnamon buns sounds fantastic!

If it's just you Holly, then it's just me too, LOL. I can't even remember all the ones I have tried and now I use soy so it wasn't just soy for me I had tried them all in paraffin. Right now in soy I am using the Pumpkin Harvest from Allure. It's a buttery pumpkin, light on spice. It has a decent throw, best I have found that I actually like since it is not over loaded with spice. If you would like to try it, just let me know and I can send you a sample of some of mine.

Hi Jeannie,

I am sorry that you are going through the same thing, but at the same time I am glad it is not just me :P:wink2: and may just be a hard scent to throw. The Spicy Pumpkin & Chutney started to throw pretty well (not GREAT though) later in the burn, but it is not quite was I was looking for. I will see how the Spiced Pumpkin goes from The Scented Bean when it is ready to burn. It smells like a spicy one. I too think that sometimes they are a little too spicy -- covers up that buttery smelling pumpkin too much. I just had to torture myself. I just lit my Gold Canyon Pumpkin Pie in the cute little pumpkin jar with the face I bought last year. I want to see if I can smell it. I am not quite sure yet because I just lit it a bit ago, but I think I just smelled it going down the stairs! What is their secret? :confused: I shall see what happens.

Thanks for the kind offer. :smiley2: If I do not have any luck with the Scented Bean's then I may take you up on that. It sounds like a yummy one.

~Holly

I'm trying WYW's Perfect Pumpkin in both Ecosoya CBA and IGI 1288B. I just poured them earlier so I don't want to burn them until tomorrow. Throw is objective obviously but the cold throw in both seems good. Its a pleasant smelling bakery pumpkin (not rough if you know what I mean). Unfortuantely I have no other pumpkins to compare it to. It does seem lighter than WYW's Sweet Potato Pie, but it is in the same vein, category-wise. I'll post back if you are interested.

Thanks Henry. Keep me posted on the results. I have read lots of good reviews on WYW fragrance oils lately....except for the price.....2-3 dollars per 1/2 ounce sample. :shocked2: But if they are REALLY good, I may give it a try. :smiley2:

Well, you're not going to like this, but the WYW FO I'm testing throws MUCH better in the 1288 paraffin than the soy. It could be that I only used 4% in both, but I have no where near a full meltpool in the paraffin and you can smell it in the next room. You may want to just give it a try (you can make up to 6 oz. of wax at 9% with a 1/2 oz. sample from BCN ). Hope something works out.

Hi Holly,

I have a soy line, a paraffin line. (JS 123 and ADM soy. I am testing the JS soy presently)

I have had really great luck with the pumpkin from Just Scent (for a spicy scent). This was my best selling pumpkin from Missy's and I have not been able to duplicate it since. I was so glad to get it back again when Becky opened up shop last year.

You may also try BNL's spiced pumpkin, it is really strong in my soy. I have had great luck with pumpkin log from Southern Scentsations. I also use the pumpkin fudge from Keystone (which to my nose is exactly like vanilla pumpkin from SS) and all are fab in my waxes.

I am guessing it could be that your wax may not be throwing this scent for ya. Some soys just have issues with certain scents. Another factor is that sometimes your nose will not detect certain scents as strong as others. Although you say you can smell your store bought candle......it is odd. I am wondering if your pouring factors were off? Have you repoured the same scent with different variables? I hate it when you hear good results from someone and you try it and get nothing. Very frustrating. Could just be the wax.

I have tried so many soys before I decided to stick with ADM. Lately I am testing JS soy, and it throws as well if not better. so that is another option, as you already use her 123. That is my favorite paraffin, btw, and what I use exclusively for our paraffin line.

I'm in LOVE with the Sweet Pumpkin Spice from Peaks Candle Supply. It smells like the fragrance of the same name from Bath and Bodyworks. The throw is great both hot and cold in quite a few different soy waxes. I use about 1 oz per pound. I wouldn't say it's "knock you out strong", but I could smell it in my 16x24 great room very well.

I am going to try Nature's Garden Pumpkin Crunch this weekend in my ecosoya...will let you know.

This Pumpkin Crunch Cake is the most awesome smell. In fact I'm burning one of these candles right now. I use J50 or MP123, and it has the best scent throw pouring, cold, and melting. I cannot say enough about this fragrance.

Holly, is your soy wax C-3? If it is, Pumpkin will take a week to cure. I know because I use Pumpkin Pie from my local supplier and had the same issue until I cured it for a week. and what % F/O are you adding per pound. I needed to go 1.5oz in C-3. But the throw is good. Not a HUGE throw but a good throw. Reaches me upstairs from my great room in 1 hour 10 minutes.