Gold Canyon Candles

I was at my hair salon the other day and they had a Gold Canyon candle burning at the register. Very interesting I must say......Black soot all over the jar......off center double wicks and BIG mushrooms on the wicks. So for all of us out there in candle land that is very good news as OURS are better!

Dixie

Isn't that amazing. I have a SIL that bought candles like I buy groceries. Every candle she had burning in the house was as black as the ace of spades, mushrooms the size of my big toe and really no hot scent throw. Her furnace filter had to be replaced weekly because of the soot and if you moved her sofa, there was a black line on the wall detailing where the sofa should be situated. I have pushed her into Soy by giving "FREE" candles to test. She loved Soy, raved to everybody she knew that burnt candles, but once the freebies stopped, she went back to the life of "SOOT"! She claims that they are better and only buys them at discount. Huuummmmmmm, sounds like she's stubborn, doesn't want to keep the money in the family and she was probably going through withdrawls (needed soot) :shocked2: to keep her happy. People that purchase these things really amaze me. They wouldn't know a good thing, even if it hit them in the face.

Average consumer does not know much about soot and mushrooms. They are concerned about how good it smells. And G0ld Cany0n candles smell pretty darn good to me.

Once you have educated a customer on how a proper candle should burn, etc. They wont look back.

You have to buy $5000 worth to sell them...

"To begin your journey, you simply make a $5,000 purchase of Gold Canyon products that can be sold for profit! From there, you'll build a team of motivated Demonstrators who will promote "The World's Finest"™ products for your Distributorship. To ensure your Demonstrators' ability to meet the needs of their customers, carrying a sufficient level of inventory is one of the keys to the future success of your Distributorship. "

Yeah I have that in my wallet, let me simply whip it out. lol

Very interesting. Sounds like she wasn't keeping the wicks trimmed. Gold Canyon do NOT smoke if you keep them trimmed, as with ANY candle, keep the wicks trimmed and it reduces soot.

Even Soy candles smoke if you don't take proper care of them. I burn my jars for 3 hrs, wick dip it out, trim wick and relight and no problems.

Also do not ever BLOW OUT candles, that makes them smoke too. Use a wick dipper. I burn GCC and have never had one smoke.

Holy cow that is a lot.. I have never bought one and thinking about getting one just to see what all the hype is about

Christina

Their Sugar Cookie, Birthday Cake and Mulled Cider are my favorites.

If you keep the wicks trimmed, they DO NOT SMOKE.

I actually really like GC, they didn't smoke for me, either, if I kept the wick trimmed. I think they have increased their base price for their consultants, I have a number of friends who are consultants under the old plan, and I can guarantee you that they wouldn't have been able to afford $5000 to invest in candles.

I really like their Christmas scents, esp. Cozy Christmas, but I think that MC's Christmas Splendor smells exactly the same, so I haven't bought one in a year!

FWIW - GC just like any other candle will smoke if you don't trim the wicks. And I can promise you it does not cost $5,000 to sell them as a demonstrator, that's only if you want to be the distributor.

OH, okay...someone posted something in another thread about the cost of being a rep going up to $5000, and I was astonished. Now that makes sense to me...thanks for the clarification!
It was in this same thread - post #7. I thought rep meant the same thing as distributor?