Problem with wicks

I have been using Yaley tacky wax to secure my wicks to my containers. The problem is when I pour, the wick comes loose and I have to dump the wax back and start over with a different container. I am about to purchase a wick centering tool. Would that help? And can anyone tell me why this might be happening?

I have been using Yaley tacky wax to secure my wicks to my containers. The problem is when I pour, the wick comes loose and I have to dump the wax back and start over with a different container. I am about to purchase a wick centering tool. Would that help? And can anyone tell me why this might be happening?
The tacky wax doesn't work because it either melts or greatly softens at the temperature you're pouring. Probably the easiest solution is to get some wick stickums from BCN. Those don't usually come loose.

The tacky wax doesn't work because it either melts or greatly softens at the temperature you're pouring. Probably the easiest solution is to get some wick stickums from BCN. Those don't usually come loose.

I agree. Wick Stickums are really cheap and work really well. They won't come loose when you pour. BCN also has priority mail shipping for small orders. :)

I have a big dispenser of the wick stick-ums, but now that I'm pouring at a higher temp with the CBA, they would come loose when I poured. I've been using hot glue too. Tried the silicone glue, but then getting the wick out is almost impossible. I advocate reusing the jar for something else after the candle, so i wouldn't want a customer loosing a finger trying!

Gretchen

I have a big dispenser of the wick stick-ums, but now that I'm pouring at a higher temp with the CBA, they would come loose when I poured. I've been using hot glue too. Tried the silicone glue, but then getting the wick out is almost impossible. I advocate reusing the jar for something else after the candle, so i wouldn't want a customer loosing a finger trying!

Gretchen

Hmmm, yeah. The best and worst thing about silicone. It never comes loose....and it never comes loose. Maybe I should consider the hot melt adhesive.

I use a hot glue gun, too. I don't usually have trouble getting the wick out, but if I do, I put a little water (if there is no wax left) in the jar and place it in my candle warmer. Comes right out.

Paula:p

Using hot glue is really no more trouble than the other methods, and they do hold tight cause I pull my wicks up tight before I pour! But then they are relitivly easy to get out after the candle is dead. I wick ahead everytime I get a jar delivery, leaving a case or two without in case I want to test other wicks, or whatever.

Gretch