I need about 2000 jelly jars

Sallykate

Well, I get mine from a local supplier to me, candles and supplies in Quakertown, Pa. Only because when we need this many for our fundraiser (which is coming up) we can go pick them up instead of paying for shipping. You will save alot of $$ if you can find a local supplier within driving distance to you that has them for a reasonable price.

Fillmore Container as AngelaVA has suggested is wonderful!! I am about an hour from them and pick up my jars. Their cutomer service is wonderful and Keith who works there is so nice!!

They really are a great company! They have lots to choose from and great prices. I get my square masons from them. Their shipping prices are very reasonable too.

If you are looking for just plain canning jelly jars, I would suggest trying your local Walmart (if you have one by you) and seeing if they can order them for you. They are pretty good about doing that. That way you don't have to pay shipping and can pick them up yourself.

I live in Fl and get my JJ from Tennessee Candle Supply. They have great prices and the shipping is the best for me. Of course I dont buy in that quantity. I've not found any Wal-marts near me that carry any JJ or canning jars at all. I found some at big lots but they had the grapes/flowery things on the sides. That probably didnt help ya. Sorry! lol

If you are looking for just plain canning jelly jars, I would suggest trying your local Walmart (if you have one by you) and seeing if they can order them for you. They are pretty good about doing that. That way you don't have to pay shipping and can pick them up yourself.

Hi Meridith,

I had to stop by Wal-mart tonight so I did ask and they said they could probably order them. They also told me to write a letter to the manager and tell them I was doing a fundraiser for a school and he would probably donate some or give me a gift certificate for some. That was nice to hear!

I really would like smoothe sided jars though if at all possible. BTW, the jars at Wal-Mart are 5.44 a box.

Any big supermarket will order the jars for you too!! Go to customer service and tell them how many you need and they can order the shipment for you. Usally they are very nice about it. I used to do it a my local supermakert before I found fillmorecontainer.com . If you need lids, you can just order them from a fillmore. I get 950 shipped from fillmore and it is dirt cheap if I don't have tome to drive there.

Also fillmore container will be carring candle supplies soon!!! Kieth is trying to get it all put together....(Can you tell I really like this company:) )

Hi Meridith,

I had to stop by Wal-mart tonight so I did ask and they said they could probably order them. They also told me to write a letter to the manager and tell them I was doing a fundraiser for a school and he would probably donate some or give me a gift certificate for some. That was nice to hear!

I really would like smoothe sided jars though if at all possible. BTW, the jars at Wal-Mart are 5.44 a box.

Hi All,

I talked to WalMart today and they are ordering me 2000 pint jars. It hould be about 5.44 a box and the manager is going to give me some for free!

Thanx for all your suggetions.... some of the sites you mentioned, I will be using for different style jars that I need.

I don't need jars yet but passed the section at Wal Mart and they were almost sold out.I think 8 ounce and 4 ounce were and just a few boxes of the 16 ounce mason jars.I do have a place near me and I can get the smooth sided.

Guest EMercier

I live in PA and have never heard of Fillmore Containers. I will be using them from now on. I use Candles and Supplies because they are close. Also, if I have an extreme need I go there because from August to March they are open on Saturdays. They are not competitive with this place for jars. I also don't like the prices on their tins. Come to think about it, the wax has gone up a lot! :angry2:

I have also had walmart order me in some cases and it worked ok. I then went to a local hardware store and struck a deal with them to get the jars thru them. Their thinking is if they can just order them and not have to stock them they give me a good price and they make a few bucks on the deal and dont lose business to walmart. Some times the little guys can strike a deal with you and the big guys have their hands tied.

Bruce