Is it worth finishing?

I'm building a new website. I loved it at first, but now, the more I look at it, the more I hate it. I've not done a thing on it the last week or so because I just can't be bothered.

Perhaps I'm just getting fed up with all the technical issues I'm having with it - but someone else's opinion on how it looks and the general layout and use would be so appreciated.

Please bear in mind that I've only been laying the foundations and there's not much in the way of actual products on there - I think there's a few candle tins and a few jar candles but that's about it.

Feedback desperately in need before I can the whole thing!

address is:

Your site is one of the nicer sites I've seen in awhile. It' has a very clean, no-nonsense look about it, navigates easily, and I love the layout. I'm a country girl, and I love country clutter, but I have great respect for a site that can actually pull off the clean, classy look. Not very many do it without looking like they are "trying". They come off looking plain, and rather silly. But not yours! Keep plugging away, you are on to something. I love love love it!

Thanks annie - I am just a fan of contemporary styling and clean lines so most of my products are packaged that way - I wanted the site to resemble the packaging.

Guess I'm just down in the dumps with it at the moment though - you know when you look and look and look at something and it eventually morphs into whatever your eyes want to see at the time. Like a perfectly spelt word - the more you read it the more it starts to look like you've spelt it wrong!

You've got a great start. Websites are a PITA, all the little techie gotchas are normal. Once you start getting some really great product pics up there it will start taking on some more personality. Really like your name and the top design.

Thanks all. Perhaps I'll take a step back and reorganise my FO shelves or something and go back to it in a few days. Although..come to think of it, organising the war-zone that is my FO collection could possibly be a whole lot more painful!

Oh, I love where you're going with it, I think it's going to be a beautiful site. I understand the frustration, I think a break is definitely called for. Sometimes, something that I notice is that there's actually just one element or another that I'm unhappy with, if I really think about it. Then, if I change that one thing, suddenly, I love the whole look again. Is there anything you're particularly unhappy about? If so, try taking that out, and experiment. If that's not it, well, then, just keep at it, it's a beautiful site.

wow that site is very very nice. I am a big fan of the minimal, classic look. It seems as though alot of people do the country look and thats great too but its nice to see someone do something different. I love the colors and the layout. I think that you are doing a great job! dont give up my dear :wink2:

I love it. Very clean, nice colors.. if you don't want it, send it my way ;)

Going to get Frontpage this week and start on one of my own. My goal for the year is to get one up and running.. your off to a great start, will be awsome when it's done.

thanks all. will keep plugging away. the photos are the most annoying though. Despite buying an entire photographic studio with lights, tents and such I still can't take a photo with a pure white background so have had to learn Corel fast to manually remove the background pixel by pixel. Each photo takes about an hour and I've only done 4 or 5 - only another 100 or so to go!

I took the link out so I can do some more work on the site - it sort of messes up if I'm editing an item and someone is looking at it at the same time. Will put the link back when I've done fiddling with it.