Where to find Presto Pots

Sounds like a silly question but

I went to Target yesterday and their deep fryer pot has totally change.

Small on the inside plastic on the outside.

Have you see one lately that is the older style?

Thanks,

Brooke

I checked Target, Home Depot, Lowe's, and KMart with no luck. I finally gave up and ended up getting one from Wal-Mart. I paid less than $22 for it.

WOW :shocked2:

Looks like I better get to Wal-mart soon if these are going

to be hard to find in the future

Thanks for sharing ! :D

If that is the case may somebody should contact the company and let them know we candlers need the old style. Maybe they don't know about us candle makers using them. Then again if they new they might design a larger style with a spiget just for us candlers.

If that is the case may somebody should contact the company and let them know we candlers need the old style. Maybe they don't know about us candle makers using them. Then again if they new they might design a larger style with a spiget just for us candlers.

Yal I don't mind calling :naughty: How about a Co-op with them :yay:

We could get that price down a bit ?

Are you wanting it for soaping or candles? DH found me one outfitted for chandling on Ebay at Cmas. When I want to rebatch my soap in it I plug up the hole so it doesn't leak or clog and it works like a champ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/WAX-MELTER-CANDLE-WAX-SOAP-MAKING-PRESTO-POT-CRAFT_W0QQitemZ8282357747QQcategoryZ3089QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't find who he bought it from BUT mine is just like this one.

I think I will run to my local Wal-mart and see if I can get one.

I have one already.

I don't have a pouring spot on it.

Been placing my pouring pitcher in it with a boiling ring on the bottom.

This is the way I melt wax for tarts.

Try looking on Ebay then. I don't think I'd like mine without a spout on it. Especially for candles. It would be tough to get the wax into the pourpot without wasting product.

As clumsy as I am I don't have any trouble pouring my wax without the spout. Haven't wasted any yet. Yet being the key word though. lol

Somebody on the classifieds is selling them right now as you speak. :)

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22528

Hey guys I only have a couple, but my hubby made a few extra presto pots with the spigot when he made me some and I dont need them all..lol I will sell them for $50 shipping included. They do not leak, I tested them all. PM me if interested. Paypal preferred checks, money orders are ok but I wont ship til they clear. I will also take credit cards through paypal if you pay the fee. Thanks for looking!

Amanda

Attached Imagesattachment.php?attachmentid=6183&stc=1&d=1146869825

Just a update !

Went to my local Wal-mart today and there........ she was.... :cool2: the

Presto Fryer ( multi- cooker LOL) That we all need so desperately.

$22.00 was their price

:rolleyes: Hope I didn't cause a panic here LOL

Thanks again for everyone's input

Hi, is there a model number or anything for these presto pots, i bet walmart have so many of this type of thing i dont want to end up getting the wrong one.

Also are they very heavy? As i am from the UK but going on holiday to Florida in the summer and am planning on bringing one of these home with me if i can as i am sick of using a double boiler and one of these sounds so much easier.

It just a matter of how heavy and how big it is, if it not very big? i could get away with brigging it home as hand luggage, If not and i have to check it in as hold luggage, would they easily break in the hold of the plane or are they fairly robust?

Thankyou

If you go to Walmart there are in the Kitchen section. Made by Presto and it is called The Kitchen Kettle.

They are not very heavy. I haven't weighed mine but I would say a few pounds, probaqbly not more than 10. It can melt about 7-8 lbs of wax very quickly. You might have some problem getting them on the plane in your luggage. Most airlines allow you to check 2 items up to 50 lbs or so, you could buy it, leave it in the box and check it as one of your bags. I would definatley check with your airline first though.

The box is not huge but to big to take as carry on luggage. They are pretty durable and don't see a big problem with checking it

edited to add stuff to better answer the question.

Hi, is there a model number or anything for these presto pots, i bet walmart have so many of this type of thing i dont want to end up getting the wrong one.

Also are they very heavy? As i am from the UK but going on holiday to Florida in the summer and am planning on bringing one of these home with me if i can as i am sick of using a double boiler and one of these sounds so much easier.

It just a matter of how heavy and how big it is, if it not very big? i could get away with brigging it home as hand luggage, If not and i have to check it in as hold luggage, would they easily break in the hold of the plane or are they fairly robust?

Thankyou

Hello :wave:

The Presto Kitchen Kettle/ multi cooker/ measures 13 inches tall and 9.5 inches wide in the box.

Hope this helps.

You better get two if you can. :yay:

Good Luck

Brooke

Hi All

Be carefull if bringing one of these presto pots to Europe, the voltage in the USA is 110 and in Europe it is 240 you will need a transformer to run the pot. Plugging it in without the transformer will cause it to blow.:shocked2: