Kids' Soap

maryann

The 1st pic I did a week ago (FO Tropical Breezes/aka Monkey Farts don't like using this name), 2nd pic I did today (FO Juicy Watermelon), 3rd pic was my first attempt w/ the fish in the bag (FO Bazooka Bubble Gum)- definately not easy.

[ATTACH]792[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]793[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]794[/ATTACH]

post-119-139458377586_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458377589_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458377593_thumb.jpg

Those are adorable! Love the froggy and ducky ones, and you did a great job on the fish bag it's really clear (is the poor guy at the bottom dead? lol)

No :grin2: LOL, I almost said that he wasn't even though he looks it (he's not upside down.) That's what's so hard about doing these keeping them in position. Not all the fish look that great I guess do to mass production :smiley2:. Thanks for all the compliments !! Oh -yes that is the silicone mold and boy do they slide right out!

This is the recipe I used for Goldfish in a Bag

4 ounces of Melt and Pour soap

2 vinyl Goldfish

1 small cello bag (to retain scent)

2 drops of blue liquid B&B colorant

.3oz of body safe fragrance

Put the clear Melt and Pour soap chunks in a microwave safe dish covered w/ saran wrap. Zap for APPROX 50 seconds or until melted (each microwave is differ- make sure not to boil), remove and gently stir in 2 color drops. Next add fragrance and gently stir, then pour into your baggie.

When a slight skin has formed (in about 1 minute or less) carefully poke the fish down into the soap. You might want to use a wooden skewer to straighten the fish when it is in the soap.

Allow the soap to set up. When it is hard in about an hour or less, twist tie the top.

Notes:

If you have trouble getting your fish to 'swim right' and they want to be 'dead fish floating in a bag", then try this method:

Pour 1/2 the soap into the bag. Put your fish in and adjust them, allow the soap to harden. Spray the top of the soap with Witch Hazel, rub in a bit. Then pour the 2nd half of the soap on top. This method gives you a little more control over those little fish. Another suggestion is to put tiny wire in the top of fish and gently pull it out once the soap has set up.

HTH :smiley2:

All the items (embeds) I got at the Dollar Tree, except for the goldfish they're from WSP. Most recently I got the 2 frogs and the duck in a three pack for ....a DOLLAR! :wink2: I'm going back for more before they're gone, they had whales too that were cute.

• 3 weeks later...

4 ounces of Melt and Pour soap

2 vinyl Goldfish

1 small cello bag (to retain scent)

2 drops of blue liquid B&B colorant

3oz of body safe fragrance

3 oz of FO to 4 oz. of M&P??? Is that right? I'm new to m&p, but I thought it was supposed to be 1 oz. fo to 1 lb of m&p? If I'm wrong, please tell me. :)

Love your soaps by the way....:D