Marijuna FO

scntdwik

I'm waiting for my sample from Peaks. Glad to hear good reviews of it. I live on the West Coast of B.C. I think this could be a good scent for sales if I can find a way to market it without offending those who might be uncomfortable with the idea.

Does anyone have any input on marketing the FO? I was thinking of change the name to something like "Cash Crop", try to make it a bit humourous. What do you all think?

Cheers

Janette

Janette, the one from Peak is very good and you will not go wrong with it. I did not have much luck selling it though, but then I didn't really know how to market it effectively. I did not change the name, just called it mary jane. If you know how to market it, I'm sure you'll have much more interest than I did.

I haven't gotten my samples yet, I am still making my list of different suppliers since I have read that they all smell slightly different, but I thought of calling it "Pot of Gold" We are testing ours for April 2007. We live just outside of Ann Arbor, Mi and every year they have the hash bash at U of M. Figure we can carry this especially for that occasion, should be a big seller and then for the few that would actually buy this FO. I did a search and saw that someone actually labeled theirs "Honest Officer I was just burning a candle". It was all I could do to not bust a gut..now that is what I call being creative..LOL

I got Peak's Mary Jane and I wasn't impressed. It had a gasoline smell to it and hardly smelled like Marijuana. I can smell a little bit of a weed smell, but mostly gas. And there was NO skunk smell to it. Good pot should smell like skunk. They call it skunk bud for a reason. So listen up peaks, add some skunk to your Mary Jane.

I've tried a lot of them and would still like to find one that smells like fresh high-quality bud. None of them are even close in that respect, but a few do a fair job of evoking a kind of burnt pot smell.

I ended up liking the Peak best but not because it's a true fragrance. Someone described it as having kind of a hemp-like smell though. The throw is kick ass and you can probably use like 4 to 5% and get good results in paraffin. I didn't get the gasoline smell that gerbert did but everyone reacts differently to scents.

One day I would love to find a great weed FO.

I would also like to find a good "skunk bud" FO. Here in B.C. the atmosphere is very liberal where pot is concerned. I think there may be a reasonable market for a good FO. I don't think it will fly here unless it is realistic though.

Top; Do you sell your Mary Jane candles? If so, do they go over well as a fragrance? I'm looking at targeting head shops, as there are a lot here.

Cheers

Janette

Topofmurray hill, I hear ya. Good bud is such a nice fragrance. I've been on the hunt for a FO myself. I was even considering mixing genuine skunk oil with Peak's Mary Jane . . . that is until I found out Skunk oil is the rendered oil from the fat from the skunk.

There must be a synthetic skunk oil somewhere. I remember back when scratch and sniff stickers were popular, all the other kids used to think the skunk sticker was gross, but I quite liked it. Same as when driving thru the country and catching a mild skunk scent.

I'm waiting for my sample from Peaks. Glad to hear good reviews of it. I live on the West Coast of B.C. I think this could be a good scent for sales if I can find a way to market it without offending those who might be uncomfortable with the idea.

Does anyone have any input on marketing the FO? I was thinking of change the name to something like "Cash Crop", try to make it a bit humourous. What do you all think?

Cheers

Janette

I think Cash Crop is a great name. :highfive: I haven't tried Peaks but I have heard from others that it's enough to make you stick your head in the fridge from the munchies. Not that I know anything about that......

I'm so naive I guess! I really thought you all were joking about the Mary Jane FO!! I had no idea that they really had FO that smelled like pot!! I can just see it now. The scale, the zip lock baggies, the White bags of additives and a few of the MJ candles burning out of sight!! In my small southern town, I would "have alot of explaining to do Lucy" on that one!! Heck, we are a dry county here. We aren't even allowed beer! LOL

This board never fails to crack me up and educate me! Thanks all!!

God Bless

I would also like to find a good "skunk bud" FO. Here in B.C. the atmosphere is very liberal where pot is concerned. I think there may be a reasonable market for a good FO. I don't think it will fly here unless it is realistic though.

Top; Do you sell your Mary Jane candles? If so, do they go over well as a fragrance? I'm looking at targeting head shops, as there are a lot here.

Cheers

Janette

Janette, I was only making a special candle for a friend. However I was disappointed in the Peak scent and started looking for others. It was frustrating but I was determined and ended up putting an undue amount of effort and expense into that candle. It might have been worth it if I'd found a good fragrance but I never did. Ended up going back to the Peak. Like I said it's a good FO and kind of a good fragrance but not "true" in the sense I was looking for.

most of the ones i tried smelled more like dirty bong water. Taylored Concepts had a good herbal note, but was missing something, so i found it a bit off. wonder if just a drop of campfire smoke would give it the burning joint smell? but so far none smell like "pot" but more along the lines of the plant while still green and growing....i wouldn't add skunk since a lot of bud doesn't have a skunk smell to it.

Does pot really smell that good? I would never have guessed that someone would seek out a candle that smells like marijuana, I guess I thought the burning candle would be used more to disguise that smell... Thanks for the info, and the marijuana jargon I picked up here today... I guess it's true that you learn something new every day...