Vaniglia del Madagascar Question

Sherie

I'm fixing to soap Vaniglia and I know it turns a deep brown so I'm going to do a blind swirl. Lol, I'm not sure how this will turn out since I won't be able to see what the heck I'm swirling. My question to those that have soaped Vaniglia is....how long is it before you start to see the color change? TIA

I thought I saw Sara (or someone) post to add a little cocoa powder to the vaniglia portion since it will darken anyway, then you can do the blind swirl with the reserved soap without cocoa powder.

Did that make sense?

I have and you can almost see it immediately. I did the swirl part with TD so I "could" see the swirl a bit, but I CPOP and after an hour in the oven it was a carmel color already

Julia, just a question on your TD. You added this after you mixed your lye with your oils, right? If so, then your TD is for "Oils", correct? I need to check on mine.

I'd keep out a super duper large portion of the soap to blind swirl with. I tried with maybe 1/4 of my batch and the brown took it over.

The heck if I remember when it turned brown. Sorry. But it smells DIVINE

Thanks for the tip Lindsay. I've been kinda hangin out here to see what kind of advice I received. I think you all have helped me VERY much! Thank you all so much and I'll post pics as long as it looks good, lol!

I thought I saw Sara (or someone) post to add a little cocoa powder to the vaniglia portion since it will darken anyway, then you can do the blind swirl with the reserved soap without cocoa powder.

Did that make sense?

Yup. Works for me. I've soaped that one, too and it darkens very fast.

LMAO, it was still a little soft on Friday and had to work last night. I need to go check them now (since I'm taking a break from studying for my ACLS recert). I'll see if their ready, if so, I'll snap a pic and post!!!

You know.. This is totally OT here, but I'm wondering if ya'll who make this one keep the name the same. I swear, when I see the first word, I see vagina every time. Not trying to be nasty or anything, just really really really curious here... (or am I the only one who see's body parts in the name...lol)

I swear, when I see the first word, I see vagina every time. Not trying to be nasty or anything, just really really really curious here... (or am I the only one who see's body parts in the name...lol)

ROFLMAO :laugh2: :laugh2: That is hysterical!!!! BUT, ya know when I say the word Vaniglia it does kind a sound like female anatomy!!!!!! That being said, the abolute divine scent coming from these bars is sheer delight!!!!!!! :drool: I think I'm totally in LURVE with this scent. :yay: I was just thinking today if I should rename it and now I'm pretty sure I should!!!!! :P

You know.. This is totally OT here, but I'm wondering if ya'll who make this one keep the name the same. I swear, when I see the first word, I see vagina every time. Not trying to be nasty or anything, just really really really curious here... (or am I the only one who see's body parts in the name...lol)

Nope, you are not the only one:shocked2: