CB135 vs CB Advanced

What Soy?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What Soy?

• Ecoysoya CB135
    • Ecosoya CB Advanced

Am just about to make my next order of wax and wonder what I should go for.

EcoSoya CB135 or Ecoysoya CB Advanced?

Would appreciate your opinion...please bear in mind that in the UK i don't have access to any other kind of Soy so the above two are IT!

The CB 135 is better for scent, but frosts alot.

The CBA is really pretty, it frosts less, but it is very hard to get scent from.

It depends on what end result you are going for. Some people say they don't care if the scent is strong, they want the looks and the others say the opposite.

It would be best if you could order samples of each then make your decision that way.

I'm in the process of testing these two waxes against each other right now. 135 frosts a lot for me but it does smell great. However, I have not noticed an appreciable difference between these two waxes for hot/cold throw. They are performing about the same for me with regards to throw and so I'm at a loss over which one to go with. I've read lots of info here about how CB Adv just doesn't throw, but so far, that has not been my experience. Adv also sets up very nicely and looks great after burning. If the throw stays good during my next couple rounds of testing, I will likely use this wax.

I've only used the 135 so I'm a little biased. So far the hot throw has not worked for me, but I'm only working with 1 scent and I think it just hates me. But I do have to say I've poured some very pretty tins and they burn great, just can't smell them yet.

Sami

Well, at the moment I'm using 135 and as long as I pour at exactly 107, I get no frosting, perfect tops and the candles only need a very thin repour layer on top to make them as silky smooth as I like them. I'm also getting a very good throw with some FO's.

I just read that Advanced helped with shrinkage, but Top advised that this isn't the case, so the benefits of advanced over 135 are very few as far as I can tell, as I'm getting great results with 135 - I wanted to get great results ALL the time, and remove the "hit and miss" results that 135 seems to have.

Thanks for the input all, I think I'll stick to 135 - Am finally getting it to work and don't wanna have to go through all that testing again with advanced.

Nat