Premier 700 series wicks from Wick It

I'm still testing these wicks but I am really liking them so far! I received my samples pretty quickly, but my thoughts are that they just got inundated with a ton of requests and are behind in sending out the samples. You'll be happy once they arrive ... you get a very generous variety of these wicks!!

I just got an email confirmation from them this morning that they were going to send them out. I bet they have been overwhelmed with requests like was said earlier. I am really glad to hear that people are liking these. I would really like to be able to single wick my apothecaries....that is my big concern right now.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'm gonna try! So far the single 777 is working great in my 3 1/2" keepsake jar, and there are five more larger sizes to try. I'm getting a little bigger mushrooming but I still like it! I could not get a 1312 to burn this good in this jar! :yay:

geek

Wow I got my samples today and I have already poured my hardest wicking FO in an apothecary jar I did use the largest size and am going for a single wick. This FO I can barely get a decent burn with the 85c in the 9 oz hex it is that hard to wick so this has going to be the ultimate test. I will give it a 4 days to cure than burn it.

Good Evening Everyone:

Just wanted to let everyone know I spoke with Joe at Wick It today and told him about the problem with the wick samples that people have not received.

First off, let me tell you, Joe is swamped with sample requests; he just sent out over 100 requests just today. So, if you have not received your samples, just give Joe a call and he will be happy to send them out to you.

Joe is GREAT to work with; I have been dealing with him for 2 years now, and for whatever reason your samples did not reach you, I am sure there is an honest reason for it. Here is the phone number: 866-394-2548, or 973-249-2970. Hope this helps the people who have not received their samples.

Have a blessed Easter!

Edited to say: I will also post this as a thread for all to see.

ee: (866) 394-2548

Phone: (973) 249-2970

oll free: (866) 394-2548

Phone: (973) 249-2970

WooHoo... got my wicks today!

I'm not sure which wick size to start with on a 8oz. Mason Jar... any suggestions?

Hey Grumpy,

I started testing these this weekend. In an 8 oz square mason with KY PB, liquid dye and a 9% fragrance load, the 750 seems to be working very well. I don't hve my notes with me but I believe I've done 5 burns now, all from 3 - 6 hours (yes, I know it shouldn't be burning for that long but I know that customers will do that :shocked2:) I have no hangup, a nice steady flame, no smoking or soot...I think I may actually have found the right wick! - or at least the right wick for JS Serendipity. This is the first wick I've used that I've gotten this far into testing and still been happy with so I'm considering it a success so far.:yay: Good luck with your testing and keep us posted!

I used the 777 and 780 with the 8oz square and round tins....Great burn, but a flame a little higher than I wanted...So I poured using a 760 to see how that does. While the candles are curing...I'm just testing out tarts.

So Grumpy I would start within the 750-760 range to see how it does for you.

So if they are backed up I better call. I sent them an email the other day.

Geek, post your single wick results. If I recall we both use the melting pot jars. So far I am okay with two HTP 104 or 105's varying with the scents. The same thing with the honey pot jars but I want to expirement more.

Geek, post your single wick results. If I recall we both use the melting pot jars. So far I am okay with two HTP 104 or 105's varying with the scents. The same thing with the honey pot jars but I want to expirement more.

I have tried the largest Premier 700 wick, the 798, and it was too small for the melting pot 16 oz. I presently am testing 2 x 740 in the Greenleaf 70/30 and it is working just fine! Indonesian Teak at 8%. I am waiting to get some 464 before I do any more testing of 100% soy in the melting pot jar. ;)

geek