Ecosoya CB Advanced...

Those pictures looked like there was a pretty big difference between the old and the new blends. Did the ones on the left (new blend, right?) hold up with the throw and wetspot test?

They look pretty! I have to tell you I heard so much about the KY brand container soy that I couldn't resist getting a tester bag. I didn't like it at all. It was so ugly. Even the ecosoya 135 is much nicer than the KY soy. I do like their pillar formula though. Anyway, as far as looks go, ecosoya really looks the best in my opinion. Thanks for sharing the pictures:smiley2:

I use the KY Puresoy and have used it for about a year. It has an excellent cold and hot throw and for the most part I am very satisfied with this wax. If you add a smidge of beeswax to it, it makes beautiful looking candles. About the "ugly" look, most pure soy waxes are not wonderful looking on their own. Sometimes they need a little help. It also depends on the diameter and the depth of your container as to how it sets up as well. There is a lot of things to look at with a wax besides it's outward appearance.

Would also like to add that I have ordered a bag of the new Ecosoya CB and am anxious to try it. You never know when something better may come along.

The next soy waxes I'm going to try are the ELs - both the classic and the millennium blends. I keep hearing from the "EL people" how good the scent throw is so figured I'd try that next to see firsthand. I know, it would mean trading a repour for frosting I guess if I switched (again). :)

I'm getting a bit better with the new Eco but still get a bit of crack by the wick and a small sink hole under that, so investigate if you need do a repour on these (you may not have to, but I seem to have to).

Kerry, I would love to hear your opinions/results on the new CB when you have the time.

Jeana, the older version got wet spots pretty fast, the new version has better adhesion AND throw, the only thing I have to do with the new is a very small repour. Naturally, this is all my opinion. What works for some just doesn't seem to work for others. (I'm trying not to hear you about Eco 135 as I haven't used that since I started - and didn't know what I was doing - so I'm due for another round!) :)

Got the fix for the cracks on CBA new version. Pour no more than 130F. Thats seems to be the ticket for smooth tops and no air pockets, at least for me. Seems I need to pour the new about 30 degrees cooler than I could get away with using the old.

Think it was Kerry that suggested this via PM and I finally had time to try it. Thank you. At least I can pour this warm, if not hot. :smiley2:

I got my wax and got around to pouring 2 testers a couple of nights ago. Because I have been in the habit of using the beeswax with my KY, I did one with BW and one without. This is what I have observed so far. The one with the BW had a circular crack around the wicks, the one without only had a slight indentation in the center between the 2 wicks. I am testing in a new jar, so I am also wick testing as well. Since I am doing that I have a KY tester in the same jar that I am able to do a side by side. For the ones I am testing now, I am testing Apple Cinnamon from Lonestar, at 9%. The jars are 8 oz. sq. masons. Testing with my KY I have pretty much gone through the gammet of wicks, but I think I am getting close with the zincs in this jar. Anyway, with all of that information out of the way, I will go on to my observations of the 2 jars of CB Adv. that I poured. I poured both of them at 130 degrees, but think I could have gone a bit cooler, thinking that might take care of the little bit of sinking in the middle. They both had a decent cold throw IMO, but have not had a chance to burn them at home to compare the hot throw against my KY. It took about 20 hours, but I did get seeping out of both of these candles with the 9% FO. I can go down some in this FO as it is pretty strong, the next testers I pour with this particular FO will be at 7%. I am curious about the FO’s I have that aren’t quite as strong, if they are going to throw as well. So my next tester will be of a FO that isn’t so “spicey”. The wicks I have been trying out in this jar were C50 cottons, but they burned much too hot. So I tried the 44-24-18 zincs in it today, and still too hot. I am going to melt it back down and pop some 36-24-24 I have at home, but have a feeling they won’t be quite strong enough. I am picking up some 44-20-18 on Saturday from a supplier and hope to get them popped in and testing by Sat. night, if the 36’s don’t work. As much as I think this jar can be single wicked with this wax, I have tried some with the KY and got horrible mushrooms with almost every single wick I tried. I think I am very close to getting the jar wicked, so my testing can concentrate more on the wax testing for the CB adv. So I don’t have too much to report yet Henry. I am hoping in the next couple of weeks I will. Between work, the kids in school and my trip next weekend, I am going to really try. I have talked to Terrie a bit too about this, as she is testing this wax also. She had some seeping issues as well and wasn’t sure about the hot throw. She is thinking this wax may need a little curing time to reach it’s full potential for hot throw. Keep us posted on your observations as well Henry, I am always interested in your results.

thank you Henry and kerry and everyone. I Have lots of lake cottage company and won't get back to my testing til next week. Will certainly try pouring at 130 and lower too. I poured a SFS carmel pecan pie at 9% that needed no curing - just totally - filled the whole cottage with the cold throw. Was just amazed. Burned it on day 3 and it was still just awesome. No seepage, no cracks - but there is a slight dimple - very very tiny - near the wick. the tester I used was a 6oz. tin with an htp wick. I use cotton wicks exclusively - but am currently testing the cd wicks too.

Am really really close to ordering the new and improved ADV, but have been figuring that if I can't repeat my ADV success from last December....I don't "deserve" the new yet - vbg.

thanx again everyone...........

I am really anxious to see if you can get hot throw from this wax. I have some vybar on order and maybe that will help?

One thing I want to mention and I think that HenryK did in a previous post. Most soy waxes if they tend to show any frosting tendencies at all will frost like crazy when you add vybar to them. I think HenryK and I both tested a wax, and sorry I can't remember which one it was, that when vybar was added, it frosted badly. You can always try it, but if it frosts on you, it is probably going to be the vybar that will be causing it.