Angled Layered Candles

Can anyone let me in on the secret of holding your mold at an angle? I'd like to make some of those angled layered candles that I see everywhere, but I'm having trouble thinking of something to hold the mold. Thanks!

I use large angle things.. Oh I can't think of what they are really used for! They are by the plate hangers and doll stands in the craft section at Wal Mart. They're gold colored.. And skinny, and metal.. What in the heck are they called!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

They'll tilt a 3x3 up to a 3x9 perfectly and all the same angles. A must when doing sets!

I put my in a flat container{like the kind that mac.or potato salad comes in when you buy bulk) that is 1/2 filled with kitty litter. JUst angle agianst the side and litter hold them there. I can get 6 in there easy.

I used to use a bowl filled with whatever then DH made me a holder. Took a 2x4 and cut 2 V notches in it.( so I can do 2 at once) I put the bottom of the mold against the wall and tilt it into the V notch.

I only did it once so far (see pic. posted a little over a week ago...), but I used the little box that the Good season's dressing mix 4 pack comes in... Couldn't find anything else at the spur of the moment, and it worked like a charm!

Can anyone let me in on the secret of holding your mold at an angle? I'd like to make some of those angled layered candles that I see everywhere, but I'm having trouble thinking of something to hold the mold. Thanks!

I have the solution to your problem, but you'll have to wait until this fall (if all goes well). Julie (Scented) knows what I'm talking about. :wink2: