Recycled Pillars

Those are fine specimens! I especially like the white and cobalt (?) blue. My mottle-mania has died down for awhile till I get my new jars tested, but I'll be back at it.

As far as the liquor goes, I used to swill the Seagrams 7 then graduated to Crown Royal. Smooooth. Might as well drink what tastes good.

Woman: "Lips that touch liquor shall never touch mine!"

Man: "Your lips?"

Woman: "No, my liquor!"

(cue rim shot)

I'll be here all week. :cool2:

geek

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord, those make me sick!!! I've been trying to do just that for a while now. I started playing with candles about 2 months ago...gave one away at work, and all of a sudden, I have orders for about 10. Everyone loves the layers, so that's what I'm trying to perfect...with bad results. The one I gave away came out pretty good, but it's SOOOOO frustrating trying to make new one's for everyone else. I keep having to put people off because I can't seem to get a great candle. Those in the pics are EXACTLY what I'm trying to do. I've tried about EVERY temp, every additive, water baths, etc. All of them come out with either bubbles or pinholes. Grrrrrr...!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO...finally a question I can answer. :) You have to tilt the mold when you pour to get the layers slanted. I have a small box I lay the molds in (at an angle) until they cool. I've tried a bunch of these, but none look as good as the one's in the pics.

This cutie is a simple rustic, scented clover. I guess the colors could be better but I like it. I don't do cold pours very often but I think I'll do it for the next set of retreads.

I've never made a rustic before....how'd you do that???

Nat

I've never made a rustic before....how'd you do that???

Nat

Add some extra stearic and pour the wax cool. Temp depends on your wax but usually in the neighborhood of 150 F. You can get different surface effects depending on how you pour and/or slosh the wax around, but this one is just a simple slow pour to get the neat straight-across jump lines.

With the advanced search feature you can find other pics in the gallery and get a sense of the possibilities. There are people here who specialize in rustics and they make nice stuff.