Bubbles or Fizzy

Sherie

Bath Bombs: Bubbles or Fizzing  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Bath Bombs: Bubbles or Fizzing

• Bubbles
    • Fizzing

I would like to post a poll on what you like in a bath bomb. Do you want bubbles/foam or would you be happy with fizzing and moisturizing? I made some without the SLSa and my skin wasn't dry or tight. I talked to Angie at the Herbarie about an alternative surfactant. Angie thought my decision to leave out the SLSa was great. She stated she didn't care for bath products that had bubbles or foam. DD wants bubbles and I just want one that is soothing and moisturizing. I'd like to hear what your opinions. Thanks!

I'm weird- I only like soap and cleansing things (like shower gel) in my bath, and for some reason, the bubbles make me think it's cleansing- stupid, I know...it's a weird thing I have, but I love bubbles..they cover up unmentionable parts when my son bursts into the bathroom, too!! :D

i like both. i would much rather have moisturizing over the bubbles. i made some bubble bars with a recipe off of the other board, that was bubbly and very moisturizing. with the bubble bars, i had the best of both worlds. now my kids prefer the bubbles.

I make just the fizzy kind because I don't like working with slsa, and it can make some people's skin itchy and irritated. But I have a friend who makes great bubbling bombs too! I just stick with fizzy bombs for my customers and friends and family, though.

I make just the fizzy kind because I don't like working with slsa, and it can make some people's skin itchy and irritated. But I have a friend who makes great bubbling bombs too! I just stick with fizzy bombs for my customers and friends and family, though.

I would like to thank you all for helping me with this poll. AJ, that's what SLSa does to me. Can you tell me if your friend uses SLSa in her bubbling bombs? I have a surfactant (not SLSa) in mind that Angie has suggested, but she also suggested that I just do the fizzing. She stated that she didn't care for bubbling bath products and felt most people didn't care for them as well. I wanted a diverse opinion poll so I could make up my mind as to what to do as there is a $30 minimum at the herbarie.

How about making both (not a help I know)!! or you could making the powdered bubble bath (Silky Suds Recipe) and do fizzing bombs now you have 2 totally different products. I made the (egg) bombs the other night with slsa for the first time. I used so much dye that I can market it as a tint bubble bomb!! :D

Unfortunately you lose the whole idea of a bomb when you add SLSa but I hate a naked bath, I LUV my bubbles :)!! Doing both will make your customers happy as you will have diversity there as well.

I talked to Angie twice, she is very informative and I like that she'll take the time to help! She's definately not a fan of stronger surfactants (what she doesn't carry).

I gotta have bubbles :) I'm just barely liking plain ole bath oils, sitting in a plain tub of water is too boring for me :)

LOL, Robin, didn't you say that SLSa can be kinda drying to you? Do you just compensate by using lotion? I guess I could play with my recipe and try some different oils to see if I can reduce some of the drying effect.

I would like to thank you all for helping me with this poll. AJ, that's what SLSa does to me. Can you tell me if your friend uses SLSa in her bubbling bombs?

She does use slsa. And she said if you inhale that stuff accidentally, it'll kill ya. LOL

Another friend tried a bubbling bomb recipe with slsa and said it irritated her skin and made it itchy. She dropped the slsa amount in half and her skin does better. She didn't mention if they bubbled as well or not.

She does use slsa. And she said if you inhale that stuff accidentally, it'll kill ya. LOL

Another friend tried a bubbling bomb recipe with slsa and said it irritated her skin and made it itchy. She dropped the slsa amount in half and her skin does better. She didn't mention if they bubbled as well or not.

Girl, that stuff is worse than pepper. It will make you sneeze and cough your head off. I wore a mask when I used it. Hmmmmm, I wonder if I lower my SLSa if it would still irritate me. Only way to find out is to do a batch, right, LOL. Thanks so much for the help. I'll let you know how it works out. It looks like more people like bubbles or people want both bubbles and fizz so I hope I can work it out.