What to do with painfully scrubby soap...

guppygirl

I made a small batch of scrubby soap for DH per his request, but got way too carried away with the blueberry seeds for the scrubby part. I just used a bar to get some wax off my hands. It did the job & then some... missing a few layers of skin now!

How could I rebatch this? Is there a way to strain out the seeds? Never tried rebatching before but since it's a small batch I don't care if it works out or not.

Do you have a bigger mold? If you do what I would do is shred the soap and mix it with a new batch of soap. I don't think that there would be any way to strain the seeds out of the soap but maybe micing it into a larger batch would take some of the scrubbiness out.

If note maybe use it to scrub the floor? LOL just kidding~~

Ah, you made the sandpaper soap, LOL. I've done that. If it was just too many seeds, Lorrie is correct, incorporate into new soap. It may be the seeds themselves. I've never used blueberry but some are just plain nasty in soap. I found this out with Raspberry seeds. They were super scratchy. I ended up crushing them with a mortar and pestle and they worked out fine. They look small but they feel gigantic on your skin.

Even though I know I added too many seeds, I think it's the seeds themselves - very similar feel to raspberry seeds. They would benefit from grinding, but I have plenty of srubby ingredients that are less work & less painful for my next batch.

Ya know, it kinda feels like I repeatedly rubbed my hands on concrete - on purpose even!

Thanks for the feedback all :)

Actually, I think you should send one bar to me. The plan would be to secretly substitute DH's shower soap with the sandpaper soap the next time he does something he should not do. I can tell him it's special soap and to focus on washing the neather region parts.

Actually, I think you should send one bar to me. The plan would be to secretly substitute DH's shower soap with the sandpaper soap the next time he does something he should not do. I can tell him it's special soap and to focus on washing the neather region parts.

ROFLMAO - :eek:

ROFLMAO, evil girl, but I want a bar too. I can put it use now. Let's just say the "dog house' was too good for him, try an apartment, LMAO!!!!!!! :laugh2: :laugh2:

:laugh2: LMFAO!! You're too much Girl!! Hey, I want a bar too! :D

:laugh2: I'd love a bar, myself. Maybe a few.... why not let every man in our family benefit from it. :D

I once had the bright idea to make a scrubby soap thinking more would definitely be better. Felt like I was getting stabbed everytime I used it :confused: . The only place I could some what tolerate the soap was on my feet. I finally just threw the soap away:tiptoe:

lmao...:laugh2: I always said there couldn't be a 'too scratchy' bar of soap....however Bunny made one that actually takes your skin off....:laugh2: I use it to wash my soap dishes....don't know what she did with the other bars in that batch?? Sandpaper plus!! Never thought to share it with the males in the family.....:D

....to FUNNY :laugh2: I'll take a bar too for the above mentioned reasons and MORE!!!!!

Dee, I think you've now gotten rid of all your bars so you don't have to rebatch. :D

Seriously though, I put some in M&P once and I was raw after using it. I thought it was just me and I didn't have that much in there not like some pics I've seen. :confused: